xisto Community
infotronix

Your First Website Using Opensource(Basically Free) Software.

You can start your webdesign by using these tools .1st,You need a web browser, Use firefox.Search some website for inpiration. Chose The Simple & Best features from sites You can take screenshot using this firefox plugins Awesome Screenshot for further use.2nd ,You need a good photo editor, use gimp its open source, you can make background editing photo and everything you need for a website(graphic) is available with it.3rd,Give your site a professional liik and feel.You need some animation script. If ou are a new and need to give a professional touch to your site then you have to use some of demo available for free to use and update. Use htmldrive.com , you will find lots of good script absolutly free and you can use them with your other professional project.Just download the script you want to use.4th,A WYSIWYG WEB BUILDERYou need a WYSIWYG WEB BUILDER software, it helps you to create your site, With out any coding. Use KompoZer its an opensource.5thA ftp Client.Here you have many choices. Ues filezilla its a good software.(KompoZer has built in ftp client, but it stopps working on low bandwith connection)6A home server.Use xampp . It is a good and standalone webserver for pc(xp linux), yoou can get the workig server so you can test how your site is working or not. It has built in php mysql ftp server email server. So you can use it as own home server and host your first test website in you localhost.Note:- Website5 free edition, provide website maker so you just download the site and use ready made template to build your site.7. After this you can now publish the website.You can chose either the free subdomain or use the .tk domain .I advice you to use .tk domain. Its easy and a free tld.Hope this little sharing will help new designer.

Very nice little guide here. I would like to chime in on a couple things though.1) Instead of XAMPP, I use WAMP. I just find it "better." There are multiple other stacks that can be used for web development as well.2) I'll toss out a vote for Filezilla as well, as this is what I use. It's simple to use and has a lot of options for those who are more savvy.3) You brought up the freeware photo editor but didn't give examples. For this, I'd recommend going with GIMP, although it may take a while to get used to.

saying of free photo editor you can use paint .net it is a little simple for new users. I use photo shop,gimp ,paing.netthese three software. It depends what kind of user you are and what is your graphical need for this.In near future i will publish a complete guide for new user how to complete their website .Working on it.

Hello and thank you for this nice advises Infotronix,I never heard about Tokelau domains before (.tk), it seems really great and I would like to adopt one. ;)Which provider do you recommend us?

Hello and thank you for this nice advises Infotronix,I never heard about Tokelau domains before (.tk), it seems really great and I would like to adopt one. ;)
Which provider do you recommend us?

You cannot register .tk domain from some where else.
if you want to register a domian then go to dot.tk and register a domain name, for free.
i am currently usiing more then 20 domain and they are still alive.
that is a good and free domain register.
Hope you will like this register.

I just registered weboss.tk for free, it was quick and easy. After a quick survey through google to see what people may complain about, I could see that they are quite safe and reliable. But I didn't really understand everything about their prices policy. I guess that it may be safer to pay a few dollars to buy a domain, even .tk, if you plan to spend a lot of time and efforts to develop & promote your website... however, it's a very nice place to start. Thank you again Infotronix

You can even try it as a beta testing to your site, and just publish your site wit our interupting any user / service.a free tld is a grate way to experiment. Hope you will use it and make yourself a master.Wish you good luck.

Information sharing and communication is very important because without proper information, advancement and improvement is not possible.Thanks for sharing information.Thanks a lot.

You can even try it as a beta testing to your site, and just publish your site wit our interupting any user / service.a free tld is a grate way to experiment. Hope you will use it and make yourself a master.
Wish you good luck.

Thanks a lot for your kind and wise words Infotronix.
To become a master is quite a huge challenge and an exiting idea. I'll use a website as you suggested, to illustrate my further tutorials step by step, as making things more easy for people helps me to understand better.
Your comments, critics and suggestions are really most welcome.
I wish you all the best, looking forward to read you soon.

Keep in mind that with .tk, some web hosts will not allow you to use them. tk was highly associated with spam and erroneous websites in the past so a lot of hosts are against them. Google even ended up blocking the entire TLD at one point because it was getting so bad.

Very nice and detailed guide. I like it.The only thing I might add here it a bit of advice for developing with WAMP or XAMP. To avoid frustration of not having your stuff working on the web server although it works on your pc local host it would be a good practice to make sure that your development environment matches the production environment or compatible with it. By that I mean the PHP and MySQL version.Also check to see if the required PHP extensions for your project are installed on your production web server.Do that check early before you finish you project on your pc local host.