xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
k_nitin_r

Mobile Application Development

Mobile application development has been very popular in recent years because users of the applications can simply make micropayments through an official app store that is pre-installed with the device instead of handing out the credit card numbers and the prices can be kept low for market places where a lot of users would be willing to make purchases.The iPhone probably made the concept popular with Android and other app market places following suit. I am not sure of whether newspaper publishers are able to monetize the digital versions of their newspapers but it certainly has worked for game developers and small business application manufacturers. Imagine creating a media player like VLC player and selling it to about a thousand users for roughly $5. That's enough to cover the costs of a month of development (assuming that you are willing to outsource) for an individual developer with the potential to start getting in profits from the next month.If you think about it, app development is the new web development - folks are less willing to spend on web developing with WordPress and other web-building software around. Besides, WordPress development is getting cheaper with online market places too so why would anyone spend more than $30 for a WordPress plugin when the exact same plugin can be custom-developed for $30? App development, on the other hand, is for end-users so each one would probably have to be created from the ground-up so there's a greater opportunity for the developers to create and sell apps.

Apps are also a great way to tie things together with your site. With how many people use their phones to go online now, creating custom apps for your site can help keep and drive traffic.One of these days I need to get involved with it. Just been so busy with my other projects that I haven't gotten the chance to delve into it yet!