xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AKUKUMATATA

How To Care Raise And Breed An Animal

Hello everyone. I'm a newbie here and I would love to share some of my knowledge and experience regarding animals with you. I'm not a farmer, therefore you should know that I do not deal with farmyard animals.I know the title is misleading because there is no ONE GUIDE to use for all animals. I'm going to do all the animals that i know about and have kept before and still do. However i would like you to choose which one you want first.Here are you options, Fish:GoldfishAngelfishAfrican CichlidsBetta siamese fighter fishBirds:CanariesZebra FinchesFischer's LovebirdsJava SparrowsCockatielsEuropean Goldfinches (although I am very sure none of you have even heard of these birds before lol) Hamster:Syrian Hamster.

Well, interesting, because I don't have any knowledge in any of those critters. Unless you want to count chickens in the bird catagory, I do know my chickens! Fish I don't know the first dang thing about. We had an aquarium when I was a kid, no work to raising them that way, just have boy fish and girl fish and then you would get baby fish, which the adult fish would then eat. I remember some black mollies we had in our tank, I thought it was cool to watch them give birth. You'd see one of them sort of poop out this perfectly round ball that would start to fall towards the bottom of the tank, then about half way down it would just sort of pop open and a little fish would swim away. So, if I'm going to pick one from your list, let's go with gold fish. First question, aren't Coi a type of goldfish? So if they are they would be simular in habits. I think it would be neat to have a little ornamental fish pond with some coi or goldfish in it, so if you can tell me more about that, it would be great. I'd like to know how deep a pond would have to be, and what about freezing in the winter. A friend told me their gold fish survied outside over winter, which is surprizing since a shallow pond would freeze solid where we are. I didn't think much of anything could survive freezeing and then thawing out.

There is a list of different kinds of fish, birds, and hamsets, yet you left out dogs, which are the most common pets of all. Cats are probably a close second, but cats eat fish and birds, so you can't expect to get one of each and still have the same headcount when you aren't watching them.The hardest thing to deal with is when you have pets that have odd behavioral traits. There was this dog that would take a drink out of a bowl and after it was done, it would tilt the bowl leaving the floor wet. It always had fresh water to drink so that mannerism was uncalled for, but its owners put up with it till they had a more crowded apartment so found a new family to adopt the dog.It's also tough when you outlive most of the animals that you are with. Perhaps tortoises would be a good choice then - you could start off with a baby tortoise, and it would probably see three generations of your family and you would most likely live your lifetime before it even gets past half of its lifetime.

If longivity was important in choosing a pet, I suppose a tortois would be an excellent choise. However, they lack a lot in the cute and cuddly department, and they'd be bloody slow at fetch the stick! :-) Wouldn't help much for burglers either, unless the bugler tripped over it and knocked themselves out on a coffee table. So really, people rehomed a dog just because it spilled it's water dish? To me that's a pretty piss poor reason to get rid of a dog. Such a simple thing to fix. One, dump the dish yourself when the dog is done. Or, get one of those super heavy water dishes. I have one that is made of fake marble, no way a dog can turn that one over. Or you could even just let the dog drink out of the toilet bowel, they'd have a tough time turning that over.