xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ananya

Neil Armstrong: First Man On Moon Passes Away

The man whose famous line "One little step taken forward is a giant leap for the whole mankind" has left us for hevenly abode on 25 th August 2012.In his last years he was suffering from heart complications and had a bypass surgery earlier this month to clear blocked arteries. The moonwalk expedition that was first unleashed by Soviet Union on Oct 4 1957 and created a kind of Cold War situation between USA and Soviet Union. It was then in 1960's that the then USA president John F Kennedy took a mission to participate in this space race.This dream of Kennedy was cherished on the year 1969 by Neil Armstrong showering Americans the pride to feel that they are no less than anyone else in the world when it comes about space exploration. Since then USA hasn't looked back and till today today this journey is continuing ceaselessly.Neil armstrong genuinly believed in peaceful space exploration for the betterment of whole mankind despite the tremendous competition prevailing in this field.This was demonstarted from his willingness to sign 1967 outer space treaty which declared the moon as "the province of all mankind" and should be used exclusively for peaceful purposes.When exclaimed about the reason for the inner urge of human community behind space exploration, Neil Armstrong's reply was that its in the nature of human beings to face challenges.

Yes, that Neil Armstrong. I'm surprised he didn't get killed by the Van Allen radiation belt.. We have progressed so quickly in terms of technology, so why havent any other living human beings visited the moon other than the American trio, since 1969? Makes no sense and too many inconsistencies. And the pictures are obviously fakedThose are my two cents for y'all americans .

It is a shame the world famous Neil Armstrong leave us a great man. The moon adventure cost a lot of intellingent men lives and that night in 1969 Neil and Buzz Aldrin make something that all of us want to do someday I imagine: Walk on the moon. I remember like yesterday the first time I hear about Armstrong and his success when I was in the third year in school because the 20 of july there is another festive day here in my country because is the day of the Lempira Indian. All those who have used the american success in the race for the moon talking about conspiracies of they never took the moon and all was a montage using some photo software and scenaries created to fool all the people have to think a little more. Because if you remember the moon race was between America and Sovietic Union and Why will the sovietics admit their lost if this was performed? This doesn´t have any sense rigth? So stop talking foolishness like that ok. Neil was a great human being with his name remembered for the entire history as the first man who walked in the moon.

yes RIP Neil Armstrong i am to young to have seen the moon landing but i have seen it a million times on films and tv shows, i would never travel to the moon i am scared of hights on a wall or bin, the reason why hardly anyone has being on the moon since Neil was because it cost alot of money each time.

A sad day indeed. Neil Armstrong was an American icon, a lot like apple pie and baseball. The dreams and aspirations he created for untold thousands about what we can do with our lives are an inspiration. It does sadden me too that the space program has not continued to reach such glorious hights and achievements as it ventured out to do back in the day. Too bad we have to spend all our money on stupid wars that never really solve anything, the money would be better spent on exploring our universe and all the wonders within.