xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ritu

Are Babies So Annoying?

I just happened to come across an article that says that Facebook has developed a new tool called Unbaby.me, to get rid of all the pictures of the babies of their friends that are uploaded on the social networking site. The way the tool was presented really makes me wonder if having a look at someone's baby a real painful act?Some of the media organizations whom I do not wish to name, that have covered the tool advocate it saying that this would reduce the pain of the childless people who have to bear the pictures of joy of their friends having children.Now lets take other pains into consideration, there are many people who haven't been married, so all the pictures of a friends marriage can traumatize them, so please please develop a tool to cover up all the wedding pictures of that friend's marriage, also I am too busy to spend time with my family or to have a Saturday night out, so there should be a tool which enables me not to see the images of my friends partying hard.I know that sounds like absolute nonsense, mainly because Facebook is a social networking site,and people often cite socializing to be the reason for them clinging on to the site, but they wish to socialize excluding or preferring certain aspects of the society. I think that is too much inclination to convenience.I have a cousin who couldn't have a baby, and I totally understand, though not fully what she has gone through, but I never found her developing a feeling of disgust for babies, I know that at times there is too much of uploading even on those people's side who try to let their baby's lifestyle pass through your throat, but if tools to avoid one kind of images could be developed, then all of us can ask for catering according to our own preferences. This will ultimately lead to the decline main aim of the site.I have posted some pictures of what I came acrosspost-126576-0-71975000-1344504658_thumb.jpgpost-126576-0-65155100-1344504677_thumb.jpgJust take a look at the parts that have been highlighted, ( in an eclipse and underlined), people may have some "awesome stuff" to look at but is there really a need to despise the babies to a level that the pictures of a cat are preferred? Poor babies!

When I read your topic headline, this is not the subject I was thinking it was going to be about. I was thinking, babies cry all night, smell funny, and love to scream at the top of their little lungs when they belong to someone else in a restuarant when you are trying to enjoy a good meal, in which case they would be annoying. However, despite all these annoyances, people just love them anyway. Which is a good thing, or else the human race would cease to exist. But to ban baby pictures or cull them some way from social media is a fool hardy project. Why would anyone want to do something that crazy? Seriously, babies are a part of normal life. I'm sorry if you want one and can't have one, but if you can't, you are the exception to the rule, and certainly not in the majority. You can't expect to get to go threw life without being exposed to things that make you feel bad. It just doesn't work that way.

Yes, these people who are in favor of such a tool, undoubtedly there are, certainly can't be categorised as ones experiencing pain, but it is actually jealousy that gets built in. I know that can is likely to happen in case of childless people, but that can no way mean that babies themselves are to be hold responsible and totally banned on a site.Sheepdog, you are right when you say that on e has to except facts in life that seem unpleasant and not getting exposed to them is simply a display of escapism.

I don't have much take on the app, but there should be one called 'un party me' where all pictures of students going out partying shall be removed from my newsfeeds, so I don't have to ponder on their youthful stupidity.

"so I don't have to ponder on their youthful stupidity"Ok, that was funny! Great comment!But seriously, there is a good side to those stupid pictures for us old foggies. We can look at them and think, "oh my god, I am so glad I'm grown up and don't act like those idiots anymore." Or, "Thank god I surrvied my stupid phase when I was a youngster and made it to adulthood in spite of all the stupid stuff I did." Gives us brownie points for making it to adulthood.