xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Alex131

Whats Everyones Favorite Rpg?

I can't say that I have one favorite as I have played many RPG's and love the genre. but i will list the ones i did like.1) Final Fantasy the whole series minus FFX2 they completly left the final fantasy feel by switching it to an all female playable cast and switching it to a female feel type of set up switching stuff to dress spheres and what not.2) Dungeons and Dragons- I have played this since it was on paper back in the late 80's and have continued to play them since they have started releasing on the computer.3) Lord of the Rings series of games.4) MMORPG's- Star Wars Galaxies, Everquest 1, Everquest 2, WoW, (beta) Gates to Heaven. I enjoy all of these and play each one at least a little bit a month.

So far, I've tried Priston Tale, Fairyland, Anarchy Online, KALonline, Xiah, Runescape, MU Online, Maplestory, GunBound and my latest find is ASDF Game, a pretty original game where you race with a hoverboard against a max of 6 other hoverboarders, leveling, buying items, rare items to find and yes, they even have the marriage feature Weird but fun to play game.

I can't say that I have one favorite as I have played many RPG's and love the genre. but i will list the ones i did like.

1) Final Fantasy the whole series minus FFX2  they completly left the final fantasy feel by switching it to an all female playable cast and switching it to a female feel type of set up switching stuff to dress spheres and what not.

2) Dungeons and Dragons- I have played this since  it was on paper back in the late 80's and have continued to play them since they have started releasing on the computer.

3) Lord of the Rings series of games.

4) MMORPG's-  Star Wars Galaxies, Everquest 1, Everquest 2, WoW, (beta) Gates to Heaven.  I enjoy all of these and play each one at least a little bit a month.

59421[/snapback]

I agree that they totally left out something in ffx-2 cause it didn;t feel like the other ff's did. D&D is not my sort of game but i dont mind it. Never played the lord of the rings games either but friends tell me that i shouldnt cause they are crap. and i love most MMORPGS like Oceana Ragnarok Online (which is the Aussie version of it) Warcraft 3: FF online is good. neva actually played it offline but good online. and the browser based rpg's are good but not as good as its very limited.

It's tied between Final Fantasy 8 and The Legend of Dragoon. I like the storyline and graphics much more in LoD, and have beaten it multiple times, but in FF8, I always get stuck at the same place, so it frustrates me. Ah.But I also love the Pokemon games.

I found Final Fantasy to be the best one. It is great fun and also loads of other great things in it... Also it is one of the only ones i play.. :'(

I found Final Fantasy to be the best one. It is great fun and also loads of other great things in it... Also it is one of the only ones i play.. :'(

66655[/snapback]

I agree, yet again :) , with Tidus04 final fantasy is one of the best followed by Skies of Arcadia Legends!

I really can't get enough of that game!!!! :)

My favorite of all time would have to be Final Fantasy VII. Some of my other favorites include Kingdom Hearts, Shadow Hearts and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time. Final Fantasy X is a good one too but I can't seem to get passed Crawler so it has been temporarily abandoned while I beat up Riku/Ansem on KH...

My favourite game of all time would have to be either ff9 or 10, they are just too amazing to put down. After all, I did all but one sidequest in one go through ff9. Damn Ozma, he was hard, unlike some bosses *glares at yevon* Oh well it was the best 3 hours of training up I spent, thank you damn yans! Note: Yans are the hardest enemy in ff9, give most experience too :)Favourite games also include KH, can't wait at all for the second one, also there's Shadow Hearts, even though I didn't get far on the first one, it was amazing. And my final favourite game would have to be Tales of Symphonia, that game just rocks.

Ok. My favorite RPG huh?That is a tough one. I would have to say Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic is the best RPG I have ever played. The game has so many cut scenes that you almost feel like you are a part of one of the Star Wars movies! The way they blended the cut scenes into the gameplay made this game more captivating than any other I have seen yet. As you progress in the game you are given the option to play as either a servant of the "Light Side" or as a follower of the "Dark Side". Game missions and goals are slightly different depending on the alignment you choose. This creates good replayability. This game took me about 50 hours of gameplay to complete the first time around, and about 25 hours each time since. I have finished the game 5 times now and still can't get enough. I had to dish out $65 for the 4 disk retail edition, but in my opinion I would do it again! The developers of this game have just recently released the sequal to the game but unfortunately I have been unable to hack up the $80 sticker price as of yet. Don't worry though, I will be sure to let you all know about that game also as soon as I get the chance to vegitate in front of it for a few days. LOL.If you haven't tried this game yet....... WHY???????LOL.May the force be with you.....Zippy77.

My favourite RPG would probably be Final Fantasy 8. That was a great game, very challenging, it introduced an addicting card system, and the storyline was not too bad (it got a bit mush-gush at times, but whatever). It was also the first of theFF games I played on the playstation. FF7 and FF9 were pretty close as well. FF7 was pretty good despite the "cubic" graphics. Sephiroth is overrated. I beat him very easily in the end, and I wasn't even at a high level (low 60's I believe). The music was pretty good too (the Forgotten Capital theme is the best, and Safer Sephiroth's theme was pretty good). The story was pretty good. The story doesresemble our world in many ways. FF9 was the "prettiest" of the three. The music was fantastic, the storyline was above average, but it seemed a little too easy to beat (especially Kuja...way too easy). Necron's presence near the end will always remain a mystery to me, but at least he was abit tougher than Kuja. This is the order of my three most favourite RPGs. I'm going to play these games over again just for the nostalgic effect. They were cool. :)

My favorite RPG are: Fallout1, Fallout2, Fallout: Brotherhood of steel, DiabloII: Lord Of Destruction, Ultima Online, Icewind Dale, NOX, Astonia III, runescape, Neverwinter Nights, Vampire The Masquarade: Redemption, Vampire The Masquarade: Bloodlines, World of Worcraft, Middle-Earth Online, Risk your Live Online, Knight Online, Lineage II, Final Fantasy IX,Final Fantasy VII, ChronoTrigger, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time,Ragnarok Online, Lord of The Rings all games.As you can see I really like RPG games :P:D:D:):D .

Easily Final Fantasy VII. The story was awesome, as was the characters. Amazing replay value, as well as graphics. I found the grapics were incredible for being on the PS1. There is just so many reasons why I love this game. Others include Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy VIII.