xisto Community
sheepdog

Yahoo Mail

Has anybody noticed a problem with Yahoo's email? It seems to be loading really really slow, at least the first page, where you have to go to log into your actual inbox. Sometimes when you click on inbox and wait and wait, when it finally changes you are still on the first page. The messages load ok as you go threw them but getting to that first page is being a real drag. And also, I keep getting this little window that says someone wants to ad me to their Yahoo messenger, which I don't even have, it's rather annoying, and although I found the setting that allows me to only accept offers from those in my address book, (of which I only have a very few people) I'm still getting them. Is there any way to stop it completely?

I use yahoo.ca and notice the same slow response when requesting the log-in page and, once that hurdle is over, there is a delay until the full list of my Inbox appears, but it is a fast response after that."Enterprise" level Servers such as Yahoo Mail are not as responsive as what you expect from a typical Web Server since there is much more going on behind your request for a page. They have security checks and other issues to deal with which normal servers do not. I know you might be expecting me to explain something like a short-cut around the slow response time, but there really isn't one. It is the price you pay for security at the Server. Not to mention that there is a big chunk of data on the data drives for them to be sorting through in order to provide you with your mail. As for the ünsolicted yahoo messenger requests, these are Spammers that are trying to contact you, so simply decline them and / or block their rerquests. No way around them, either.

Edited by jlhaslip
fix typos (see edit history)

Oh well, I can always hope for better I guess. Luckly I don't use Yahoo that much anyway. And I seldom have any problems with hotmail, which I use ninty nine and nine tenths of the time anyway. Thanks for explaining at it anyway. You'd think as I get older I'd have more patience, but I seem to be getting worse instead of better in that department.