xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ananya

Do You Find Gay Marriages Acceptable

Acceptability in a society comes from traditionalism.What it has been practiced for generations tend to overrule our present mindset.History of human civilization can be traced to find out the extent of "immune towards change" instinct we have deeply buried within ourselves.

Human mindset is notorious when it comes about accepting entirely new and strange practices.So its quite evident that this entirely new mental inclination of maintaining

homogeneity of sex while opting for life partners is going to strike the minds of many

who are intending to stick to the old system of heterogeneous life partners.

Before dictating gay marriages as unsocial,unhealthy,illegal we must first get our concept of marriage clear and conspicous.

In an ideal situation,marriage can be termed as the bonding of 2 souls and not just a sheer

tie up of 2 physical entities witnessed by the whole society that can be used as a tool to avoid any future disruption of the marriage relation.Here when it comes about bonding it should be kept in mind that a true bonding between 2 people can transcend from physical realm to explore the vast horizon of emotional attachment when that bonding isn't restricted by laws of society or the laws of materialistic gain.

We shouldn't forget that society is made for us to take care of the inclusive welfare of the people and its just not the other way around where we are made to sacrify our personal tastes to keep the laws of society firm and deeply rooted.To keep it straight society is made for us,we aren't made for the society.

The sanctity of marriage can be preserved only if it isn't a forced attempt by 2 people to come together under the same roof.

So the genetic programming that gives us as a consequence the sudden cases of gay marriages to shoot up in recent times can seem to be unacceptable but considering the fact that it means a lot to the people involved in a same sex relationship and they can't be coaxed to behave the way we who get ourselves involved in heterogeneous relationship do.

Edited by Ananya (see edit history)

Maybe the word marriage could be changed or something, it could be called partnership, but I guess if there are so much gays and they want to merry each other, I guess if we don't care about those protests, it has a good thing, maybe gays would be more in one place and more commited to each other. As I know gays usually are very inconstant and have a lot of lovers, something like a partnership or marriage might help to prevent that and commit them together?When they will be more commit, maybe even less diseases will spread, like AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases which are popular among gays. They might start using less alcohol and other narcotics as commitment is a good thing, you aren't free to do anything you like.It's a quite hard topic, but it's sometimes better to allow something, to prevent bigger problems.

it's sometimes better to allow something, to prevent bigger problems.

You have figured out 2 significant points which I didn't mention while writing in favor of this opinion. Its both inadvisable and unwanted to create a mess by coaxing someone to do what he/she isn't actually intending to do. We create problems that way and not prevent it from happening so. Well that way also like if you allow gay marriages in society its still a marriage any way and not just partnership. Partnership sounds a bit like business collaboration. Edited by Ananya (see edit history)

This is a huge and complex issue. We have equal rights under the law, that all people should be treated equally without reguard to race, religion, sex, etc. But we have other laws too. One thing I would like to bring up on this point is that we also have a seperation of church and state. In every religion I know of, marriage is a union between a man and a woman. It is the foundation of the family. But now, you have the government butting in trying to change something that to me is a concept of religion, and therefore, nothing the government should be butting it's nose in. That is if there really is a seperation of church and state.

I think it is more about the personal preference of an individual, but the problem mainly arises because the individual is a part of the society and are supposed to conform to the social norms.There are families who force their gay children to marry a girl they have selected, but they fail to realise that the sexual preference of their children is not going to change just because he has been married to a girl.The concepts of religion and government can interfere, yet the preferences would remain unchanged. Laws banning gay marriages may be implemented but that will encourage the kind of parents mentioned above and some random innocent girl would be trapped into the mess and suffer for no fault of her.

But now, you have the government butting in trying to change something that to me is a concept of religion

-As said by sheepdog
Definitely marriage related affairs used to be something looked after by Church/religion.And now State is poking its nose on this issue also. But whoever does that, when it comes about marriage it should be the 2 people who are tying the knot who should actually decide what to do or what not to do with their life and whose hand has to be held to traverse the journey of life.
Edited by Ananya (see edit history)