xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ritu

Founder Of A Georgia Megachurch Arrested For Cruelty Towards Daughter

The pastor of a megachurch,Creflo Dollar was arrested in Fayette Country,for alleged acts of cruelty to his daughter,whom he reportedly choked,slammed her to the ground and hit her with a shoe.

However,Dollar's version of the incident doesn't match the accusations at all.He said that he hadn't hit his daughter and it is none but results of exaggeration.Last Friday,the police received a call from Dollar's home at around 1a.m.Looking for traces of violence, the police could spot a mark on the neck of Dollar's 15 year old daughter.According to Dollar,there was a mark on the daughter's neck, which was due to eczema and it has been there for 10 years. He said that the police ended up assuming too much and he wasn't happy with their judgement.The daughter's statement carried that the bashing was the result of an argument about her attending a party the next night.

Dollar, after spending a few hours in the jail and then obtained bail by paying $5,000 for it. At the World Changers Church International on Sunday in Atlanta,that it wasn't true that he hit his daughter. On Friday,as well Dollar stated via his attorney that he loved his children and could never cause harm to them even in his dreams.

Source

Honestly, to me this sound more like a case where a spoiled smart mouth teenager had a tantrum because she couldn't get her way and go to a party than any kind of real abuse. I've known several "preachers daughters" and they can be some of the meanest, most hateful people you'd ever want to meet. I think the rebelious nature of teenagers is especially bad in children from families like this in part due to the strict upbringing, they have more to rebel against than the average kid. When they go bad, they go REAL bad! Unfortunatly, in so many cases, the authorities automaticly take the word of the child as gospil, and always forget to take into account that teenagers can lie and be doing it for spite or to get vengance against their parents when the folks won't let them have their way. Parent's always are guilty until proven innocent.

Absolutely true that is, I have seen several families going through the same kind of stress, as I had mentioned in one of my other posts that children nowadays keep away fro trusting their parents,or probably the case can be that parents fail to instill that trust within the children, may sound shocking to many but with both the parents going out to work, there isn't time left for them to spend with their children, mere financial support is no way sufficient to bring a kid up. Talking about whether the teenage daughter of the pastor had a chance of lying, she certainly did, as the children become more aware of their rights, they seem to show an inclination towards misusing those rights by almost threatening their parents if anything happens to go against their wish, and the cops....poor guys, did they have any other option? The best solution would be to nourish the parent child relationship and both of them need to participate equally in that process.

Cases like this remind me of one of my favorite stories about my dear sister in law that my hubby loves to tell on her. Years ago when her son was in his juvinal delinquint state, he told his teacher that his mother had beaten him. In that particular case, she had not, though she probably need to. Anyway, the school reported it and two police officers showed up on her doorstep. I think those 2 cops got about the worst cussing they'd ever gotten in their carreers and she ran them off.(and trust me, I have personally seen what she does when a police officer pisses her off) And when the boy got home from school, she did beat the holy living crap out of him. And you know what? He never claimed his mom beat him again! So I guess there are more than one way to solve such problems.