xisto Community
NNNOOOOOO

Well I've Not Been On Here In A While.

I've been preoccupied with other stuff. So here is a quick rundown:I graduated high school this past Friday, I plan on making a 300 watt flashlight, I took an AP Physics class....twice, my knowledge in electronics is still increasing. What else? I just took an hour trying to log in here - the facebook button keeps giving an error and I didn't remember my credentials. Also, Linux Xubuntu is now my favorite OS, my birthday is in a few days (6). And except for static, I have not gotten any electrical shocks recently.And lets leave it at that for now.

So welcome back NNNOOOOOO.I have just joined in this forum a month ago.Its a matter of pleasure that you have come back with your grads completed.Right now you are brushing up your electronics knowledge so are you thinking of choosing Electronics Engg /something related to it as your future career. Best of luck anyways for your future life!

.....so are you thinking of choosing Electronics Engg /something related to it as your future career.

Yea something like that. I was thinking something along the lines of computer related stuff.

If you are thinking on the lines of computer related then do you find interest in programming also? While studying computer engg. you will also get to know about Digital electronics.

Yea, I'm trying to learn programming. I'm no expert, but I can get what I need done. I can do basic "if...then" statements, and stuff like that.

When you are starting to learn programming first see how much you are comfortable in drawing flowcharts.Because the first step towards programming is implementation of logic irrespective of the fact what language you are starting with.C is the basic and way towards programming usually starts with learning of C language.

Flowcharts aren't hard. I have a program that simulates microcontrollers that you can program - PICAXE - and can even program them. It uses flowcharts, so I've dealt with them a lot.

That's truly fine then you can start studying C wherein you have to study a lot about pointers.They usually have complex syntaxes which point to various addresses.Calculating actual addresses by looking at the no of pointers used along with braces is very important to understand.

Glad to see you back, and a big CONGRADULATIONS on graduating high school! Good job!

Thank you, thank you. And I've decided on a college. Filled out the application today, I did. I'm going to SCC - Somerset Community. I decided to go for electronics engineer.

That's great! I wish you well. I just hope you don't have to go so deeply in debt to pay for collage you aren't in hock until you are old and gray. Don't forget to look real hard for any scholarships you can get, and if you do have to get a lone, make sure you do plenty of reasearch and get the best deal possible.