xisto Community

I just got an email from Xisto, I'll paste part of it belowThis email is to notify you that your account which is currently hosted on server GAMMA will be migrated onto better servers in our cluster. Once transfer is completed, you will receive a second email confirming the status & server details. For those using External DNS solutions, you will have to update your dns configuration with the new ip in order to avoid disruption of service.I don't really understand this. What does it mean I will have to update my dns configuration? What's external DNS? I don't know if I use it or not.

Hey Sheepdog,Seems like you got moved to another server already :) Basically, the server GAMMA which has been hosting all .trap17 member sites since the beginning was considered old enough to retire so accounts hosted on that server are being moved onto other xisto servers. You must have received one email explaining what I just said and this one is the second email that basically asks you to confirm that everything is ok.The external DNS configuration is for those using dns solutions like Xisto - Domains DNS management or cloudflare or dnscontrol or whatever...If your nameservers are not ns.computinghost.com you need to login to the place where your domain is registered and make sure you add the new ip but since you(sheepdog) are using the default ns.computinghost nameservers, you can simply ignore it :) As long as the xisto team knows that it is safe to disable the GAMMA copy of your website, you should be fine.

Are we all being transferred to Gamma? :).And are there any benefits to this other than being on newer hardware? (ex. more RAM, better CPU, etc. or are the new servers pretty much the same setup as the old ones?)