xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
potterhat

Hi Everyone - I Am From India

Hey everyone,I am Janani from India.I love music and i am formally trained in the South Indian Classical style of music (Carnatic). I play a classical instrument and i have learned Bharatnatyam.My hobbies are reading, writing, exploring new topics of research, learning new styles of music and dance; Currently learning Hip-Hop and Contemporary.I love to make new friends all around the world and i am very keen on learning about the different lifestyles, form of art and music in various countries across the world.I also love understanding the opinions of people with different view points on various things as it gives me a new way to look at everything.I am very eager to write on this site and i hope i enjoy the same.Cheers,Janani :)

Welcome Potterhat!I think you will like it here just fine. One of the things I like best about this site is having so many people from all over the world contributing. Sometimes I am shocked and amazed at how things work around the rest of the world. It certainly is interesting to hear other peoples stories at any rate.I like music, but pretty much just oldies rock and roll, and only in the capacity of listening to it, not playing. Always wanted to learn to play some kind of instrument, tried guitar, but I'm double jointed in the fingers of my left hand and it's nearly impossible for me to put enough preasure on the strings to make them play right without my fingers popping off.

Hello Janani. I am from Canada and have an interest in music and art. I think the culture of your country is amazing. I was learning about classical Indian music but no one shared that interest. In my country even, the Indians don't seem interested in traditional Indian things.It is very awesome that you play an instrument. What instrument is it? I wanted to learn classical Indian instruments (tabla and sarod in particular) and studied a few ragas, but it's hard to learn where I live -- no teachers. To meet someone who was formally trained is impressive! I'd sure like to learn some things! I've already learned a bit of Hindi.I play a few instruments, Guitar, piano, drums. I'm not familiar with Bharatnatyam, is this a dance? Please feel free to elaborate. I know nothing about dancing. My introduction to Indian dancing was seeing the Commonwealth Games on TV. That was very nice by the way.Like you, I enjoy meeting people of different cultures and I look forward to hearing more from you. If you have any questions about life in Canada don't be afraid to ask.Have fun!

Edited by rob86 (see edit history)

Hello PotterhatA big welcome to Xisto where you will find everyone very friendly and everyone very helpful.So if theres a question you need answering or help with anything dont be afraid to ask.You will find people on this forum from all over the world.Im from England.I read you have a love for music and musical instruments the only thing i like about music is listening to fiftys music sixtys music and rat pack music.I lived out in Belgium for eight years where i learned to speak flemish so i love flemish music and have just found an online radio station that plays flemish music.My hobbies and interests are cooking and animals i have five dogs of which four are Labradors and one mongrel who has just celebrated his 16th biirthday i also have four cats which three of them are black and my eldest is ginger tabby and white.Well i look forward to seeing you around and cant wait to start reading your posts.