xisto Community
reemachila

Touch Too Much!

If you are as old as I am, you probably remember a time when you were grappling with difficulties in convincing your parents to buy you that new touch sensitive cell phone. Touch screen phones are all the rage these days. Using this hot interface makes navigation much easier and the replacement of the clunky keys with touch makes the display wider. Who doesn’t love a larger screen!!Touch screen always received a good consumer response. Consequently the touch screen technology adopted by phones has become cheaper and affordable to consumers. There are a number of types of touch screen technology:RESISTIVE: the touch screen panel is composed of several layers (generally employ a stylus)CAPACITIVE: such panels are coated with indium tin oxide that conducts a continuous electrical current across the sensor. Eg apple iphone , LG pradaINFRARED: uses infrared sensors that detect the interruption of a modulated light beam near the surface of the screen. Not soo popular as they are most expensive. So we bring down our discussion to the resistive and capacitive type.The most renowned apple iphones use the capacitive touch screen. They are given the ‘light touch’ interface. They don’t need much contact and you can swipe your way through the entire phone. But all these features come with a ridiculously high-price tag.For those of us who cant afford these, would we settle down for a touch screen that fits our budget and needs, though designed to test our patience. These are the one’s that use resistive type of touch screens, and quite a few are priced below 10,000 Rs. And, these arent all that bad. You can operate them with your nail, stylus or any other object. Most phones like nokia N97, HTC tattoo etc have made their resistive type touch screens more sensitive, but its not fully developed. They do not respond to multiple touch, have poor visibility in sunlight and are more vulnerable to scratches.So, now that you know the basic differences in the the touch technologies, you can judge which touch is suitable for you. The all I need -resistive, the turn your pockets out-capacitive or I should just stick to my normal keypad cell phone!!!

"If you are as old as I am, you probably remember a time when you were grappling with difficulties in convincing your parents to buy you that new touch sensitive cell phone."

As old as you???? Seriously? I'm so bloody old I remember when we didn't even have cell phones! Your just a pup!

If you are as old as I am...You probably remember the time when we did not have cell phones.You probably remember the time when we used AM/FM transmitters to communicate through radio.You probably remember the time when cordless phones were cool and had firms introducing ever-increasing range of operation between the base station and the handset. Senao still makes these and are great for use when a land line plan is cheaper than a cell phone plan - if you live in a geographical location where it does not make a difference, you probably won't even bother with cordless phones.You probably remember the time when cell phones were first introduced - my first phone was a Nokia 2050 and that came with a monochrome display and a green backlight. The screen was large enough to read text messages without squinting and was just perfect for SMSes. The downside was the size and weight. It was as large and as heavy as, if not heavier than, the Nokia 9210i Communicator.You probably remember the time when more buttons on the cell phone were better. The Nokia 9210i was really cool because it had dual displays and lots of keys. The inner screen had ATM-style buttons alongside the screen.You probably remember the time when being able to set operator logos on your phone was cool. Now, you can put up just about any wall paper that you can download off the Internet.You probably remember how everyone said the iPhone won't sell because of its price, but just about every other person ended up talking about it and getting one.

Man, you young pups make me feel old as dirt. I still remember PARTY LINES!!!!I especially remember these 2 old ladies that were on our party line, and every single week they would get on the phone and yack for hours and one of their favorite subjects was whatever they had seen on the Tom Jones show on TV the night before. They would go on and on about how vulgar and nasty he was. But what I always thought was so funny about it was that even though they thought he was the naughtest thing in the world, they sure did watch his show every single week! Wouldn't those poor old ladies have a heart attack if they saw what TV was like today? Back then the companies that made bra's couldn't even show a bra on a live human, they had to use plastic maniquins. Not at all like today when companies like Victoria's Secret show models in underware!