xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ritu

Wholesome And Lipsmacking..... Fast Yet Not Junk

Hey Guys! these days me and my hubby are enjoying the company of my parents-in-law, they have come over to our place to stay with us. My mom-in-law transforms into a maverick as she enters the kitchen. She also doesn't like to spend much time in the kitchen, so has discovered a very easy-to-prepare dish to satisfy our taste buds. It goes this simple way:First we need to boil a small pack of noodles,drain it, and keep it aside to let it dry,then we can proceed with the chopping of veggies, any vegetable you would like to have stir fried, what we most commonly use are onions, tomatoes, capsicums, carrots and may be some cabbage. after having washed the vegetables, heat some oil (whichever you prefer) in a pan, in the meanwhile, mix all the chopped vegetables with the noodles and beat some eggs into it. With the help of a spatula, prepare a well blended mixture, you can add some salt, a little sugar and black pepper to the mixture.On the hot pan, place a tablespoonful of the mixture and flatten it. Shallow fry it on low heat for about 15 minutes, as it takes some time to cook evenly. Make sure that you don't overcook it. As it turns golden brown, remove it from fire and plate it with ketchup or green chutney,you can smear it with some dry roasted masala. In eastern India HAKKA noodles are known as CHOWMEIN, and as it has beaten eggs flattened, it looks like an omlette,so this dish's fusion name has been decided as CHOWLETTE by my family. Could any of you suggest a more interesting name?