xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mrdee

Burning A Dvd With Choice Of Subtitles

I was wondering if the following is possible, or, which software needs to be used to achieve it:

I have an .avi file, and I also have two sets of subtitles (.srt format), in two different languages to go with it.

Both subtitle files are fine and run in perfect sync with the film, as i can see in VLC video player.

I would like to know now (the first one I used to know, but I forgot), which software to use to burn the film with the subtitles on it, as I know Nero does not support subtitles (not the version of Nero I use anyway), so, if anyone could remnd me of the name of the software to do that, that would be a great help.

However, here is a second thing I would very much like to do (if it is possible, of course), and that is o burn the film to a DVD, with a menu, giving you an option to choose whether you want

No subtitles.

Subtitles in one language

Subtitles in the other language.

If anyone knows of a way, or a program to achieve his, would they please let me know?

I would be very grateful for any possible solutions offered.

yes i know a way, there is a software called Convert X to DVD (probably meaning that converts everything to dvd :D ) which is capable of doing that, using this software you will have the option to have many subtitles on a DVD and switch between them in you dvd player. but i don't know that it can put different sounds in a DVD too or not. by the way one of the great features of this software is its speed in converting , i haven't seen any software with this huge speed of converting that can convert your whole avi file just in less than 15 minutes which is really great when you compare to other softwares like Nero which takes you years to convert a video to DVD but this speed have some down sides too.some times the converted videos are not synched with the audio, you should check this before burning the disk and this is very important because most people which work with this software for the first time doesn't change the default settings and so the software itself starts to burn the disc right after it finishes its converting process so you have to disable that option and write the files to your h.d.d before burning them. if the audio and video were not synched then you have to change setting to get them synched again and sometimes with some avi files you will never get success in a proper convert so you need to use other softwares instead of this one.the other big problem i faced with this software is that it doesn't burn the disc successfully in some times, it just fails in nearly ending of burning procedure and this is really a bad thing because you will loose your disc, so my suggestion is that you never burn the disc using this software and only do the converting using it and then use an alternative software (which i recommend imgburn for it) to burn the disc.this is my experience and there may be many softwares with better performance or better converting results out there but i have used nearly 10 softwares for doing such thing and i came up with this one to be best of those 10.

IMGBurn may works for you, and it is free.

Also, another option could be AppGeeker DVD Creator, You can find the full tutorial here. It's pretty clear, burn any video files to DVD with built-in menu or customized menus, and supports adding subtitles.