xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Casanova

About Free Domains

Does someone know of any free domains sites that work with the nameserver given when you you sign up for paid hosting (the one with the IP address)?I been to uni.cc , .tk , and co.nr and it seems that one needs to pay a premium fee in order to use them that way. Am I doing something wrong or is there another step I am missing?

I can acces cjb.net , but will it work with the nameserver? It gives the option to use a dns server. Is that the same thing?

You can set it up as a .com if you own one, which you will need to set the dns servers on the .com's cpanel, or whatever it uses.

Well lets say you go out and buy the domain t17rocks.com well site the dns to ns1.trap17c.om and ns2.trap17.com or the IP address is 69.50.188.18Then login to Cpanel and click Parked Domain if you want t17rocks.com and yoursite.trap17.com to look the same basically the same but the domain name is different. or... You can take option 2 click addon domain then it will be like a whole new site you can have several site on your account.. you can also use subdomains for stuff instead of buying a new domain every time.I hope this helpedEric Drinkard