xisto Community
tritesh

Are Referral Links Are Allowed Direct Or Shortened

I have read full post more than once very carefully regarding forum rules at http://forums.xisto.com/topic/77393-welcome-to-xisto-open-discussion-free-web-hosting/.

But did not get the point related to refferal links. Actually this question arises in mind just because of that i have found some posts with referral links. So are the referral links allowed in the forum.

Second point i have noticed that some users post referral links get shortened by some short url services like google url shortner. Are such type of short url that redirect to referral links are allowed?

I hope administrators will clarify my this query as soon as possible.

As far as I know, referral links are not allowed. I'd like clarification on this as well though just to be sure. I'd think they would fall under "advertising."

Ok that is accurate for if user post referral links as it is that are provided by the site owner, But what about the those users who are posting refferal link getting those shorten by some online services like Google URL Shortener etc.

I am asking about it because last few days, i have seen some posts having referral links that are shortened. Have reported those posts but did not get any responses from moderators nor those links has been removed.

Ok that is accurate for if user post referral links as it is that are provided by the site owner, But what about the those users who are posting refferal link getting those shorten by some online services like Google URL Shortener etc.

I am asking about it because last few days, i have seen some posts having referral links that are shortened. Have reported those posts but did not get any responses from moderators nor those links has been removed.

Could just be that they haven't gotten around to taking care of it yet. Just using a URL shortener doesn't change what it is. And whether you are the owner of the site(s) in question or not, if you get any direct benefit from the links (which is what referrals are) that is advertising.