xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FlameX

Good Php Editor Or Framework For Mac Os

Heyaa, I have got a new MacBook Pro .. so i need to develop n test my things on MAC. So please suggest me some good PHP editor or Framework for MAC. There are many for Windows, but dont know for MAC. So please suggest me some good Framework or Editor for MaC.. Thnxzz .. :D

Coda seems to be the best choice for almost any programming language file on the Mac OS. Coda is not an IDE but it is similar to notepadd++ and pspad. If you can get these editors then that will be also fine. I found netbeans and eclipse IDE for mac os. Why not try them ? On windows i know php designer 7 or 8 could be a good deal. You can ask if they have mac versions. If not then your choices are restricted to eclipse and netbeans for now. I think you can go with coda or other similar editor. Hope that helps you to get started.

Coda seems to be the best choice for almost any programming language file on the Mac OS. Coda is not an IDE but it is similar to notepadd++ and pspad. If you can get these editors then that will be also fine. I found netbeans and eclipse IDE for mac os. Why not try them ? On windows i know php designer 7 or 8 could be a good deal. You can ask if they have mac versions. If not then your choices are restricted to eclipse and netbeans for now. I think you can go with coda or other similar editor. Hope that helps you to get started.

heyy thnxz Mahesh.. will definitely try out Coda.. :)

Mac has similar IDE options like windows. So most of the IDE's should work. Take case of Eclipse, it works on mac and as macs have enough RAMs with their box, i don't think you'll face any issue with the resources in case of it. Eclipse requires PDT plugin that lets you edit the php files on it. You have to download that plugin on your own from the eclipse repository in order to compile your program. By default eclipse has support for only java and additional languages require their own plugins, so it is obvious that eclipse will need plugin in order to run.Aptana is new range of IDE's which are made on top of the eclipse. They're reducing the necessary part of the eclipse and making simple IDE to run the essentials. They also support java, ruby and php in their IDE. So for sure aptana will work for you. Note - aptana has paid and free versions so look if you can do witht he free version of the IDE.Komodo a commercial IDE that lets you run python,php and perl easily. They do have a free version called edit but i don't know how much useful is that. You just have to see if it is that you need on mac. Netbeans is another free IDE that i can recommend to you but it's upto you if you're comfortable with IDE's like eclipse and netbeans for php.At the end all i can say is that if you can afford mac then it is better to buy an IDE so that you can get your work done quickly instead of hopping from one feature to another. It just saves time and lets you focus on work instead of manaing free software in its alpha behavior. Hope this helps.

Hello friends,I would like to say, PHP frameworks are the natural evolutionary step in PHP development, In general they bring the advantage of Model View Controller paradigm to PHP programmers and facilitate PHP development by separating the presentation and business logic layer in the applications. PHP Smarty is a great example of the PHP template engine supported by NuSphere PHP IDE. Please read on to find out more about the support for PHP Frameworks in PhpED.RegardsVicky Milza

Edited by moderator (see edit history)

I'll toss out the vote for Netbeans. I've been using it for PHP and while it takes a bit of getting used to (due to the IDE layout/setup), I've found it excellent. Even as a newbie coder that is just now learning PHP it's been more than helpful in helping out with things like code completion and stuff. Basically I can start coding and let it give hints along the way to help finish it.Programs like Dreamweaver do that as well. I'm not sure what others are comparable though.