xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shackman

Is Eating Meat Morally Correct?

i'm not really a bible reader so i won't go into the religion aspect of eatting meat being wrong. But I am a vegetarian and I do believe killing another creature is morally wrong no matter the purpose. I believe there are plenty of ways to receive nutrients through herbs, and vegetables, nuts, and fruits. I'm completely healthy balancing those nutrients without eatting any meat. I think it's all in our mind that makes us believe we need meat to survive.

I agree that this is a sensitive subject. But if we were not meant to eat meat our bodys wouldnt crave it or need the vitimins and minerals that meat contains. And liek someone said in an earlier post that our teeth are shaped the way they are to rip flesh. As fo talking about how the meat is processed and slaughtered sure it sounds gross and inhumane. But we are basiclly animals just liek all other living things. Think of how a cat or tiger kills its meat. it sneaks up on it and attacks it then they will play with it and smack it around and bite and scratch it but dosent instantly kill it. It basiclly Tourtures it before it actully eats it. And it is all done by instinct. As is the same way with us humans. But because we have evolved our brains to think more we question if it is right to do or not. Everyone is entitled to thier own beliefs. But beleive that it is not wrong to eat meat at all.

Interesting replies guys. Judging from all your articles, I guess some of us here must strongly feel about their viewpoint.Some of us believe it is right to eat meat, some don't. But what most of us here(which is fortunate!!!), agree on a common thing is that the inhumane process of slaughtering animals is cruel.From here on, the for and against split up. The for says although this, it is not wrong to eat meat because it is our nature. The against says that therefore it is wrong so we should not continue with this process.I gained quite an insight through all your posts. I hope most of you all will follow this topic, just like I do, and find out more about other's opinions about this issue.Great response guys. Thanks for your opinions!Continue posting.........I'll be around to follow this topic.-Shackman

I am not too sure, but for many of you, this is a sensitive topic. I hope the contents of this post do not offend or collide with and religon or beliefs. This is merely a POST!!!

Many a time, I ask myself, should we even eat meat? Maybe most of us are aware that animals have to be killed in order for us to obtain thier meat. Little do we know how the animals are killed or the sufferings they encounter.

Generally, most chickens are reared large-scale and they are known as battery chickens. The battery chickens are give very poor living conditions. They are known as battery because their cells are like batteries. The chickens are tightly packed together like sardines. Maybe you have been in a crowded bus before. Imagine the agony of squeezing. Those poor chickens are squashed throughout their whole life.

The chickens are in a dark shack, lacking sunlight. They are not allowed to move.

They are made to lay eggs everyday. They are injected with chemicals to make them produce more eggs. Imagine, a mother giving birth is so much agony, imagine the poor, young chicken, funding Singapore's egg demand!

Once the chickens cannot meet the targets by the egg farm, they are sent to the slaughter house. They are first loaded into small and tiny cages and loaded into a lorry. The lorry takes its long and bumpy journey to the slaughter house. The slaughter house is usually at a very rural area and so there are no proper roads. This makes the journey very bumby and the chickens are badly brused.

Once the chickens reach the SLAUGHTER HOUSE, they are hung by their legs on a moving conveior belt. They are then dipped, and technically dipped, into a large pan of electrified water, like you dipping french fries into tomato sauce. Some are stunned, some are knocked out but some are unaffected. Their throats are then slit and they are left helplessly to bleed. While they are dieing, workers pluck their feathers off. This all happens when the chicken is bleeding, that means that it is ALIVE!!!!!!!!!. Imagine that. After their featehrs are plucked, they are thrown into canster of water and left to die.

Maybe this article has shed some light on your eating habits. Maybe you would think twice about the poor, helpless animal who was slaughtered before you munch happily on their meat. We sound like barbarians.

I remember a show named 'Planet of the Apes'. If my memory servers me correctly, there was a scene where the humans were captured in cages. Now, lets take a comparison, when humans are the victims, we make it as though we are prisoners and that we do not deserve this. When we capture animals and put them in the same condition to be killed, we say nothing about it and don't even care about it. Are we being like Apes??

I hope all off us will take time to think about how human domination has cause alot of suffering. Maybe think about the poor animal before eating.

-Shackman

54286[/snapback]

You see the problem is that I have a religion in which i cant eat meat in but if i had a choice i would still not eat meat as it is horrible, animals still do live and they have a right to live like not be tortured for us, think about it, if it was u, how would you feel?Thats the same way a animal feels, we all think that they dont think but they do and they also have hearts, when we watch them in zoos, if we keep on eating them then that will not be possible...lol....and we wouldnt have diary products(cows)e.g milk and *BLEEP*.

If someone actually followed that, they would soon die from earth disease or cloggled arteries. Neat idea though, I would love to see TV comercials promting it.

I don't think it's morally wrong since in the Bible it says that God gave us everything to enjoy (and so on). I can see how people would have a problem with the WAY that animals are killed and processed. Even I have issues with that. (Like I'd rather buy free range chicken eggs than the ones they've kept in cases to promote free range life for chickens.) I have a friend who is a vegan and she's totally cool with it. I personally wouldn't mind eating more soy. Infact sometimes I crave it. I'm not big on hunting either. I say if you kill it, you eat it. Don't mount it. That's just disrespectful to the animal. I think it may be part of my Native American culture to think that way though.

Well in my opinion eating meat is a question that has to do with killing human beings. And I devide two things here. First, if you order someone to kill some animal or you kill it yourself first and then you eat it, in this way this animal died because of you! Other thing is if you go to a store and buy meat there, because that animal was already dead and if you didn't buy it someone else would!So it is acctually a question of killing animals...btw if everyone would stop eating meat I would do it too, because I would never hurt a human being on purpose!That was my humble opinion...

I can?t defend meat eating. I know I?m not strictly a vegetarian by any means. Mainly because I can?t afford to be one. However, I have many ways that I try to help. I would never eat veal. I think that is cruel and inhumane what happens there. I could not eat a baby cow that was not allowed to ever move. I would never eat lamb.. Just the thought of it makes me sick. I grew up though in a farming community. I saw how the cows there where raised. I live in Canada so maybe things a little different. Nevertheless, the cows are allowed a life. They run around in fields, raise their babies. So at least they get a bit of life here. I can?t justify eating meat but I can?t condemn people for it either.

;) Here's another deep topic

Try to make it simple otherwise no one will read me B)

I eat meat, yes i think it's a shame what some(most) companies do to animals, they only see profits. It's cruel and when we buy their products that does makes of us, somewhat their partners in the "shame on you" guilt :) As far as i'm concerned i try to eat "country" animals, for ex:chickens that are treaten like sheeps with a chicken shepperd and all. Yes, they are more expensive... B)

It's true, that was meat that allowed the primitive humain brain to expand and evolve, without meat there were no *person* sapiens, however nowdays it's perfectly possible to make a 100% healthy meal that cares out of all your needs without using meat or fish. There are many veggies extremely rich in proteins, like beans or mushrooms... :)

I dunno..but all of my vegetarian friends are very skinny..They don't muscular and generally weak..Maybe I'm wrong...But eating meat can't be wrong. Unless we are inhuman?

Hey people this is my first post :)

I am not too sure, but for many of you, this is a sensitive topic. I hope the contents of this post do not offend or collide with and religon or beliefs. This is merely a POST!!!

Many a time, I ask myself, should we even eat meat? Maybe most of us are aware that animals have to be killed in order for us to obtain thier meat. Little do we know how the animals are killed or the sufferings they encounter.

Generally, most chickens are reared large-scale and they are known as battery chickens. The battery chickens are give very poor living conditions. They are known as battery because their cells are like batteries. The chickens are tightly packed together like sardines. Maybe you have been in a crowded bus before. Imagine the agony of squeezing. Those poor chickens are squashed throughout their whole life.

The chickens are in a dark shack, lacking sunlight. They are not allowed to move.

They are made to lay eggs everyday. They are injected with chemicals to make them produce more eggs. Imagine, a mother giving birth is so much agony, imagine the poor, young chicken, funding Singapore's egg demand!

Once the chickens cannot meet the targets by the egg farm, they are sent to the slaughter house. They are first loaded into small and tiny cages and loaded into a lorry. The lorry takes its long and bumpy journey to the slaughter house. The slaughter house is usually at a very rural area and so there are no proper roads. This makes the journey very bumby and the chickens are badly brused.

Once the chickens reach the SLAUGHTER HOUSE, they are hung by their legs on a moving conveior belt. They are then dipped, and technically dipped, into a large pan of electrified water, like you dipping french fries into tomato sauce. Some are stunned, some are knocked out but some are unaffected. Their throats are then slit and they are left helplessly to bleed. While they are dieing, workers pluck their feathers off. This all happens when the chicken is bleeding, that means that it is ALIVE!!!!!!!!!. Imagine that. After their featehrs are plucked, they are thrown into canster of water and left to die.

Maybe this article has shed some light on your eating habits. Maybe you would think twice about the poor, helpless animal who was slaughtered before you munch happily on their meat. We sound like barbarians.

I remember a show named 'Planet of the Apes'. If my memory servers me correctly, there was a scene where the humans were captured in cages. Now, lets take a comparison, when humans are the victims, we make it as though we are prisoners and that we do not deserve this. When we capture animals and put them in the same condition to be killed, we say nothing about it and don't even care about it. Are we being like Apes??

I hope all off us will take time to think about how human domination has cause alot of suffering. Maybe think about the poor animal before eating.

-Shackman

54286[/snapback]

Wow I think I've never seen it that way ..... but lets see .... vegetarians call themselves 'enviromentalists' (typo?) ... but we (By the way, Im half vegetarian) are eating the green areas. Therefore, we are healthy but the planet's oxygen is slowly disappearing, mostly thanks to us. I suggest to eat meat! Most wild animals do it so why can't we do it?

cheers

Ok dude....we cant live a healthy life without eating meat....Well you can but how idiotic is it to not eat meat....Its a fact in life that things are going to be killed to obtain for food to make energy for us humans at the upperside of the food chain...Just look at how we kill living plants to eat them...They may not be moving, talking things but hell, they are still alive....Just think about how you will survive on artificial food.....not long....we need meat for protein although it seems wrong to kill it, it isnt and is just the way things are...lol eat meant...its good fer ya.

Its all part of the food chain, using vegetablesalone you cannot create something that has all that meat has, maybe close like soja burgersbut not the same. You'll just have to eat meat & vegetables to get a good diet. People who don't want to kill other animals, well sure because it looks sick in a slaughter house but how else are you meant to do it? You're doing it for millions of people and loads don't even have the money for a near-meat substitute. Anyway, thats my opinion, plus meat is real nice and soja/artificial meat just lack the taste, texture and nutrients of real meat.

The moral correctness of eating meat depends entirely on which set of morals you follow.

To survive, any animal needs a certain amount of certain kinds of substances. In the case of carnivores and omnivores, this includes meat. The protiens, fats, iron and various other substances found inside meat are hard to duplicate in pills, and difficult to find in plants and the like.

Some religions do not eat meat, or even condone the killing of any living thing. Some religions celebrate meat.

Some people choose not to eat meat. Some people choose to.

Some people choose not to eat meat that has been processed and brought from the supermarket, but instead hunt it themselves.

It all depends on what you, the consumer of food, feel is right.