xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lisasctt4

Uninstalling Ca Antivirus?

I am trying to uninstall CA Antivirus, but when I go to uninstall it it asks me for the admistrative password. I do not remember ever setting up a password for the program; therefore, I clicked on forgot password. It says:"You recently requested an internet security suite parental password. Please use the following temporary password to set a new one:ZjdlZCMzMTA4"After this message I tried entering it into the password box on the uninstaller wizard. It did not accept this password and gave me some type of error.Please help I don't know what to do and I am uninstalling it to install a new anti virus since the CA is expired and I no longer have Mediacom Cable.

I am trying to uninstall CA Antivirus, but when I go to uninstall it it asks me for the admistrative password. I do not remember ever setting up a password for the program; therefore, I clicked on forgot password. It says:
"You recently requested an internet security suite parental password. Please use the following temporary password to set a new one:ZjdlZCMzMTA4"

After this message I tried entering it into the password box on the uninstaller wizard. It did not accept this password and gave me some type of error.

Please help I don't know what to do and I am uninstalling it to install a new anti virus since the CA is expired and I no longer have Mediacom Cable.

Have you tried contacting the company yet? That may be your best bet as most programs have "backdoor passwords" for cases just like this one.

As an alternative, a Google search turned up many different "uninstallers," but I can't vouch for any of them personally.