xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darko100

Finding The Stealer Of Hardware

Just watched , http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ , a cool presentation from a guy with a MAC laptop. Very good presentation :D :D So much humour and lessons.This guy just set up a DynDNS. That's a program which makes your IP to be static. As you can see in the presentation , the cops couldn't find the stealer when he reported. And there were two problems at the start: -his settings were made so the man could only connect to some but not all internet providers , because of DNS and Subnet mask settings.-he got some security which made logging in complicated.He searched on net for his laptop (thinking that sb sold the laptop) but nothing as you can see. Watch the video to the end , and see what will happen :DWhat about you? Do you have any story of finding the IP,location etc. of your stolen laptop/mobile phone?

Watched the entire thing and I loved the story! He did bring up a lot of good points (such as how too much security would have hindered his ability to get his Mac back) and it was a great learning experience.I had never thought of using services like DynDNS like that before!

Watched the entire thing and I loved the story! He did bring up a lot of good points (such as how too much security would have hindered his ability to get his Mac back) and it was a great learning experience.
I had never thought of using services like DynDNS like that before!

Yea that's why i posted the video. So interesting. I always use DynDNS for my dynamic IP , this is so cool!