xisto Community
mrdee

A Problem With The Xisto Site? Is the site down?

It has come to my attention that, for a while this morning, the Xisto website seems to be down.Does anyone of the mods/admins on here know anything more about this?Is there maintenance going on, is there a server fault or is there another reason for the website being offline?If anyone here asks for more information, I am afraid the only information I can give is the message I get from my browser, namely, "The website cannot be found" in Firefox, and "This could be a fault with the DNS" in Google Chrome, but more information I do not have to offer I am afraid.The main problem is, of course, if it does affect everyone, people will not be able to raise any tickets.I, personally wanted to access the site to check my total credit balance.Sorry for using this medium to mention it, but I obviously cannot inform the peole concerned if the website is not working.So, if any mod/admn sees this, please have a look into it.Thank you.

It has come to my attention that, for a while this morning, the Xisto website seems to be down.
Does anyone of the mods/admins on here know anything more about this?

Is there maintenance going on, is there a server fault or is there another reason for the website being offline?

If anyone here asks for more information, I am afraid the only information I can give is the message I get from my browser, namely, "The website cannot be found" in Firefox, and "This could be a fault with the DNS" in Google Chrome, but more information I do not have to offer I am afraid.

The main problem is, of course, if it does affect everyone, people will not be able to raise any tickets.
I, personally wanted to access the site to check my total credit balance.

Sorry for using this medium to mention it, but I obviously cannot inform the peole concerned if the website is not working.

So, if any mod/admn sees this, please have a look into it.

Thank you.

Could you give me the exact url that isn't working for you? There could be a chance you are merely ip blocked, did you check through another machine whether you are able to view it (lol I just got a pop up notifying me of your pm). Anyway... I am guessing your ip is the same one that is being used for posting and the one you reported in the ticket earlier?

Yes, velma, I too assume the IP address is the same on both occasions.

This is the URL that did not work for me, but also the ones without content after the forward slashes.

And, yes, I did try from another machine, without any luck however. :(

The Xisto site is not loading at all.My website does load and seems to show all pages, however, FTP is impossible, except through the use of the CPanel File manager.I also filled in a web form on my website and that sent perfectly.

Edited by mrdee (see edit history)

ok. do this.. Use a fresh browser(any browser that has not been used for opening xisto sites) and pm me the details (hostname, username and password)you have been using for FTP. It is odd that only a few things are working for you and the others aren't

OK, I tried using Internet Explorer ( :( ), no luck there.Having done a troubleshoot I got "The DNS server is not responding".Cleared the cache and that did not help neither.Anyway, I have PM'ed you the login details.

The issue seems to be resolved now.

The website seems to be back and my FTP works now.

I was going to post that I could log in with my dotted (numeric) IP address as host name, but not with a normal host name such as something@Xisto.net, but this site went down for a while too.

Anyway, the issue seems to be resolved now.

Thank you.

One more thing, though, it looks like the BBCodes are not responding to mouse clicks now.

There is a small bit in italics in my post, but I had to get that in there by manually entering the BBCode.

I know I am a bit of a pain today, but if there are any problems, I think I might as well mention them.

Anyway, seems like we are up and running again.

Mrdee's issues appear to be the same ones I sent in tickets about regarding my situation: my site over the last couple days has been crashing a lot, and at the same time that happens these forums also won't load (under the "full" version or the slimmer version). Furthermore, during those periods I'm unable to access FTP.Sometimes the issue is intermittent as well -- a few images will load or some text and then it will time out, sometimes I can load one page and when I click to the next it times out, etc.I haven't had an issue today yet but I'll keep an eye on it.

Since the issue has resolved, but I'd appreciate it if you could give a complete detailed report on how long the downtimes are, when is the forum most unresponsive and so on. Sometimes while I am on the move, the forums refuse to load but that is only a few times in my afternoon...But if you are facing any more issues, I seriously recommend putting in a ticket since that would notify the server admins of any potential problem :)

Granted, Velma,but, much as I wanted to raise a ticket, I was unable to do so, since (at the risk of repeating myself) I had no access to the Xisto - Support site.That is why I resorted to posting here and sending you some PM's.And then, the forum itself was down too, for about an hour.I must say, it has been a very long time since that happened last.I have sometimes faced problems with the forum being slow to load, and to switch between topics when I click, but I really can't tell the last time (before yesterday) when it was down completely.So, obviously, when something like that happens, I will put in a ticket, provided I am able to do so.Anyway, things seem to be working properly again now.

Generally you don't need to login to your client area to submit a ticket, if you were to send an email to either sales at Xisto - Web Hosting dot com , support at Xisto - Web Hosting dot com or help at Xisto dot com automatically opens a ticket for you. You can even continue response through your email but granted it should not be the permanent fix.And I think you are facing the same issue as shadowx because he too opened a topic regarding the Xisto - Support page not working. If you two are facing the exact same issue, I cannot assume it to be an isolated case anymore.

In that case, thank you for the tip, velma.I must admit I was not aware of the fact that tickets could be submitted via email too.When you get an email from support, confirming that you have submitted a ticket, or an email containing a reply to a ticket you have submitted, the URL to the ticket is in the email so you can go to your ticket directly to read it or amend it if needed, but I never knew Xisto - Support took tickets via email.Anyway, thank you again, and I will bear that in mind for a next time (hopefully not, of course). :lol:

In that case, thank you for the tip, velma.
I must admit I was not aware of the fact that tickets could be submitted via email too.
When you get an email from support, confirming that you have submitted a ticket, or an email containing a reply to a ticket you have submitted, the URL to the ticket is in the email so you can go to your ticket directly to read it or amend it if needed, but I never knew Xisto - Support took tickets via email.

Anyway, thank you again, and I will bear that in mind for a next time (hopefully not, of course). :lol:

I actually wasn't aware of that either. I was under the impression that we could only submit tickets through the support site.