xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
flyillusions

Answer Support Tickets

Those of us here on the forum are users/subscribers to the web hosting service and can assist you with application issues, such as installing a content management system such as Drupal or Joomla, or figuring out the database operation. If you want some application code modified or themes developed, here is the place to get volunteers to help out. Folks here do not have any access to the administrator-level functionality on Xisto - Web Hosting.The support tickets are responded to by the staff at Xisto - Web Hosting and if you do not get a timely response, you can try sending a private message to Opaque or BuffaloHelp and they might be able to expedite the resolution of the support ticket.BTW, unless your Internet Service Provider gives you a static IP address, you might be able to disconnect and reconnect to get a different IP address to access you website while the support ticket is responded to. If you can't, you might be able to use a VPN service to tunnel through and connect to your website.You can also get virtual machine hosting (cloud computing) to get a desktop that you can connect to for accessing the web hosting service from a different location. You might also be able to use it for testing your website across multiple browsers and for storing backups. Perhaps, you could even use it to provide a service to other users because you would probably have a very light work load for it. A web operating system can provide you with limited functionality so if it gives you access to a web browser and an FTP client, that should be all that you need.

Im with the OP. Xisto is going down, slowly and painfully.The homepage has some weird overlay over the flash intro which is irritating in itself. It looks like an amateur website. The support is often slow, the downtime seems to be increasing and it is generally dying. Opaque and BH dont seem to exist anymore, at least as far as I can tell.While members here on the forums are helpful we cant do everything, we cant respond to customer/account specific questions nor can we make modifications. There are plenty of us here who will and do help with general problems for example installation of third party systems (like forums, CMSs etc...) but aside from that it is indeed down to waiting for support. If it ever gets answered.

I can't comment on the trend at Xisto because I have only been using their free account and have not had any problems that they were unable to resolve. I did notice a slower response for my support ticket on my last ticket, but I can't say if it is a one-off incident or a general trend without further analyzing where the delay is from. At times, first level support is unable to solve a problem and therefore has to escalate the problem and it is better to get no response at all rather than an illogical pre-baked response that first level support staff at most customer support service centers are popular for (I wouldn't want someone asking me, "Is your computer plugged in? Are you connected to the Internet?").I haven't seen BuffaloHelp on the forum in quite a while but I have not had any technical issues with using the forum either - no new updates mean no instability so things run the way they are supposed to until there is a hardware failure or some sort of unexpected condition in the software (which is unlikely because the software has been running quite well for quite a while, optimistically speaking of course).