xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Peaktao

How To Submit The Site To Search Engine?

Hey,I have been trying to submit my website to the search engine (google, and yahoo)through our sitemanager (in Cpanel). I did it once last month and again this month.But the site doesn't seem to appear. I also submit to google directly, still doesn't work. Someone told me it could take months. IS that truee??Are there some techniques to get it done more quickly? Or have I done anything wrong so my site hasn't been up there properly.Thanks for your advice. ;)

I also used the cPanel submit a few weeks ago, but I decided that I'd better do some more work than that to be more sure to get the traffic I need.

So I'm here today reading the forums and I found this one to be helpful for this:
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/7289-how-to-get-traffic/

There are some posts there that will address some web sites that offer search engine submission tools, and I think I tried a majority of them. You have to expect that these web sites that offer these services are in it for the money too, so I recommend to be in a way cautious when dealing with them. I'm not saying that you'd going to get a Trojan, but because they are only a protal to a quick way to submit to many search engines, they're trying to get your email address... and I suppose that like anyone, you aren't going to want to get those crappy news letters and such. So what I'm hinting at is that you might not want to give them your real email address.

Most of the search engines that these sites will submit to will be unheard of and we probably won't generate many hits from them, but there's nothing to lose by trying.

Also, make sure that you have the proper title and meta tags on your web site. I recommend that you read about search engine optimization as well.

I've tried so many ways to submit my various sites to various engines. Google's crawler supposedly picks up on anything and everything with meta tags, but they should get a submit system just in case.

meta tags can't work all the time for me. It might either appear in the last pages, or you're using the wrong key words. Just because you submitted it early doesn't mean it goes straight to the front page (although we'd all like that)

Google is usually very fast. Does things done is a few hours. Everything is automated there. I don't think it take a lot of time unless the spider has some problem. Or maybe your site is rejected. Google is very concerned about its reputation you know. ;) If you want traffic then Google is the answer. For most people Google is the beginning of the internet. And if you want high click through rate you have to do for targeted advertising. Otherwise people who are not interested will visit and do nothing. You will get hits no genuine visitors and can leave you wondering what's wrong. There is nothing to lose by submitting to "unheard of engines" if they are up someone is using it. And if you take trouble for it you might gain something.You can take the google course for search engine optimization. (I think so.) There is some help available from Google on this you can find it there.Link exchange is a nice idea you don't have to spend anything and even if visitors visit you site without doing any business you don't have to pay for the click. But you have to be careful while advertising: Your idea of advertising is to get more business not send them to other sites. Most of the time you must try to exchange links with sites of higher traffic than you have.There is just one more thing you need to know: As per Google advertising on site which have bad reputation can bring down your ranking. It is in some rules on somewhere on Google. You can check if you want to.

I'll bet your site is already indexed by google but it doens't show up on your searches because it is so deep. just do a url search to and you will know if it has been indexed. A lot of times, google just puts the url in the index with no description. So, you will not get ranked at all.try (in google) "url: yourdomain.com" without quotes or just "yourdomain.com" WITH the quotes