xisto Community
ezincenter

How To Get Traffic

How can you drive more potential clients to your website, as well as how can you increase the chances that they may actually buy from you?Advertising, where should you target your advertising? Hosting Forums? Gaming sites? Where?Special offers, how good do these actually work? I've had a few but never noticed anything greater than usual.

I've worked for online companies before and we've always ran banner campaigns using goto.com and some others. Got some very good targeted traffic that way. The other way was(if your selling a product) just do a search on google and ask whoever is listed on the first page, ask to have them host your banners for you. We tried google but you'll end up paying more for really random hits cause everyone uses google to search.

How can you drive more potential clients to your website, as well as how can you increase the chances that they may actually buy from you?

Advertising, where should you target your advertising? Hosting Forums? Gaming sites? Where?

Special offers, how good do these actually work? I've had a few but never noticed anything greater than usual.

51041[/snapback]

Make sure you have meta tags in your header and real content on your site. Give out free samples and put "freebies" in your keywords. Use eBay. Their traffic is incredible. Where else can you get circulation in the millions for a quarter a week? List something dirt cheap, then be sure your URL is in your email sig, so whoever asks questions or wins your auction knows you have a web site.

Sorry I can't help with the rest. I'm just getting into marketing and advertising and never pay for anything if I can help it. Color me CHEAP!

well i just want to know who can get me some images for banners and logos to use on photoshop i realy need it coz my computer keeps crashing somtimes when i try usin photoshop i just dont get it. oh yeah why is all spyware warnings coming out from the program i use wich is called(spyware doctor) when i go on this site?

I Need Hits

I went to I Need Hits last night and registered my new site. It took about an hour to submit to 20 search engines. About half of them said it would take several weeks, which is what I expected. What I didn't expect was 75 hits on my new site this morning. I haven't published this site yet, because it's still under construction, but I did want to get the ball rolling on site submission. I never expected results so fast. These hits were probably all automated crawlers and such, but it was still a real hoot to see my hit counter going crazy. ;)

Suz

Fun4TheMoney, thanks for the link.  I'm going to submit mine right now.

:P

51586[/snapback]

DMOZ Search Engine list

You're welcome. I also went over to DMOZ.com and got a list of their search engines. I found several in that list that weren't in the "I Need Hits" list, so now I have a few more marks on the wall. Maybe some day I'll see a real visitor from all this work. ;)

Suz

Here are a few suggestions:

1. Scour the web for sites similar to your own in theme and target audience (could be a competitor or not) and email the webmaster if he/she is up to for some link exchanges. If your site is not so good, expect approximately around 80-90% rejection/no response rate so you wouldn't get disappointed - that's pretty standard. If your site is good or has a lot of potential, expect the acceptance rate to be very good.

2. Join market link exchanges. Here is one Iam currently using

http://www.linkmarket.com/

The service is free. You register with them. They put your site in their directory (good publicity in itself) to be viewed by other webmasters. And if a webmaster likes your site, he can initiated and negotiate a link exchange with you. Likewise, you too can initiate a link exchange deal with other member sites you like. You can approve or disapprove a link request as you see fit.

My personal experience with them: I receive on average about 2-3 link request per day. I reject about 95% of them though because they come from off topic websites.

If you need traffic. This is one of the best free way to generate traffic.

3. SEO your way to the top of search engines. 85% of web traffic is driven by search engines. If you can manage to get your site listed and ranked high in search engine results on related keyword searches, you've hit traffic goldmine. Its easier said than done though. Ranking on the first page of Google is somewhat the holy grail of webmastering today. Learn how to do SEO and improve your Google PageRank.

4. Pay for traffic. But don't fall for those 10k hits for $20 scams all over the place. This is not what I mean. PPC, paid directory submissions, paid links etc. I have never explored this avenue yet because Iam not willingbto pay for traffic but I heard that if done right, they can be very effective - specially PPC.

5. Join banner exchanges - similar to link exchanges but less work on your part. All you have to do is join a banner exchange operation, give them a banner that links to your site and agree to put the program's banner code in to your pages. Usually, you get a 2 to 1 deal here - meaning for every 2 banner impressions shown in your website, your banner gets displayed once on other member's websites.

Don't rely too much on these services however. Banners are not that popular anymore and clickthroughs are usually very low (less than 1%). Its good though if you are trying to build a BRAND (as in Amazon.com = books). Over time, lots of banner exposure is good for your site's branding.

I would suggest the best way to have a money free alterentive to get traffic on your site is to use traffic exchange sites. You don't risk any money and usually get good results, I recommend using bravenet's traffic exchange site to start first. Then, as you progress, you can use higher end sites like trafficzap, also, if you use a blog, you can get traffic from blogazoo.com

Getting traffic to your site is definitely the hardest part of running a website.Depending upon the subject matter, it will be easier or harder, exponentially, to get users. Seeing as we're currently in a age of the internet where people rely upon it for almost everything, It'd be better to drive traffic to your site if you provide a service, such as Web Hosting, or a directory service. (look at Xisto.com...)Any web-matter that provides a service is easier to sell than one that doesnt, and will henceforth be ranked higher on search-engines, since they'll get more clicks, and be boosted higher.The Search engines are the most helpful drivers to your website, besides advertisments. The majority of web-users are highly dependent upon a certian search engine for all their needs. And they rarely-to-never change their search engine.That said, you'll need to provide your site's address to MANY different search engines. The large-corporate-bad-boy-type ones, like Yahoo, MSN, and Google, and also the little ones that noone really uses, but you should appeal to anyway, like Looksmart, and AltaVista.Hopefully this was SLIGHTLY helpful...Panda

Getting traffic to your site is definitely the hardest part of running a website.

Depending upon the subject matter, it will be easier or harder, exponentially, to get users. Seeing as we're currently in a age of the internet where people rely upon it for almost everything, It'd be better to drive traffic to your site if you provide a service, such as Web Hosting, or a directory service. (look at Xisto.com...)

Any web-matter that provides a service is easier to sell than one that doesnt, and will henceforth be ranked higher on search-engines, since they'll get more clicks, and be boosted higher.

The Search engines are the most helpful drivers to your website, besides advertisments. The majority of web-users are highly dependent upon a certian search engine for all their needs. And they rarely-to-never change their search engine.

That said, you'll need to provide your site's address to MANY different search engines. The large-corporate-bad-boy-type ones, like Yahoo, MSN, and Google, and also the little ones that noone really uses, but you should appeal to anyway, like Looksmart, and AltaVista.

Hopefully this was SLIGHTLY helpful...

Panda

52756[/snapback]

i don't believe that ;)