xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

Latest Version Of Ie?

I see that they now have Internet Explorer 9 out. I was wondering if anyone has upgraded to it, and how is it working? Are there any bugs or problems with it? What are the changes from IE 8? I ususally hate changes, but I'm having some problems with my email, Hotmail, and one of the recomendations for fixing it was to upgrade to IE9. Did I mention I hate change? I just figure out how to use something and then they go and change it on me and I have to struggle to figure it all out again. Drives me crazy.

With each new release, Microsoft Internet Explorer adds new HTML and CSS standards while introducing new objects to the browser Document Object Model. They have also been working on improving their Javascript performance and improving 3D performance within the browser by providing access to the native graphics accelerator performance of the operating system.It's not just the guys at Microsoft who are working feverishly to implement new web standards and squeeze every ounce of performance out of their web browsers. Google has been doing the same with their Google Chrome web browser, while Mozilla has been trying to shed the old-dusty-browser image that it had for the Firefox web browser by making it quick enough to start up on click, and to create an awareness of the plugins that really slow down your browser. Meanwhile, Opera and Safari are not to be left far behind and are just as adept at boosting their browser performance figures. The problem, however, is that you cannot judge the performance of two different browsers using a single piece of code because some browsers would be optimized to excel on that particular code while other browsers would lag big time but would perform extraordinarily well on another piece of code. You can see it all the time, with Google Docs rocking on Google Chrome but sucking on Mozilla Firefox to the extent that it becomes unusable.With most new releases, the vendors try to keep everything looking the same so you will hardly know the different - it will look and feel exactly the same in most cases. With Firefox, you can still get the classic look and if you want it to look more like Google Chrome, you can get rid of the menu bar and have the tabs move into the title bar rather than waste space by having a title bar up there.

But.....It gives you Purpose... ;)

Ha Ha. But it's nice to see a newbie with a sense of humor.
But see, when you get old, your brain gets old too. It's like the top drawer, you want to stuff everything in there cause it's the easiest to reach, but pretty soon it gets so full it gets harder and harder to stuff stuff in. My brain is like that, filled with years and years of clutter. Anything new blows my mind.

With each new release, Microsoft Internet Explorer adds new HTML and CSS standards while introducing new objects to the browser Document Object Model. They have also been working on improving their Javascript performance and improving 3D performance within the browser by providing access to the native graphics accelerator performance of the operating system.
It's not just the guys at Microsoft who are working feverishly to implement new web standards and squeeze every ounce of performance out of their web browsers. Google has been doing the same with their Google Chrome web browser, while Mozilla has been trying to shed the old-dusty-browser image that it had for the Firefox web browser by making it quick enough to start up on click, and to create an awareness of the plugins that really slow down your browser. Meanwhile, Opera and Safari are not to be left far behind and are just as adept at boosting their browser performance figures. The problem, however, is that you cannot judge the performance of two different browsers using a single piece of code because some browsers would be optimized to excel on that particular code while other browsers would lag big time but would perform extraordinarily well on another piece of code. You can see it all the time, with Google Docs rocking on Google Chrome but sucking on Mozilla Firefox to the extent that it becomes unusable.

With most new releases, the vendors try to keep everything looking the same so you will hardly know the different - it will look and feel exactly the same in most cases. With Firefox, you can still get the classic look and if you want it to look more like Google Chrome, you can get rid of the menu bar and have the tabs move into the title bar rather than waste space by having a title bar up there.

It takes a lot of CSS design skills to make something that works well in the IE and works with other browsers as well.

I think in my next web project I'll take the challenge of designing for the IE and see the outcome in other browsers.