xisto Community
NNNOOOOOO

Stop Itunes From Auto Detecting/auto Importing Music [resolved]

I download a lot of music, and as soon as a music file is done downloading, ITUNES pops up and adds the file to the library automatically. Here's the thing. The PC is running Vista, so it's already slow enough without ITUNES starting every time I do something. How do I stop it from doing that? I would love it if when a song is finished downloading, I wouldn't have to wait forever before I can do anything else.

What browser are you using?You might have put on auto-opening function on the music files.If you're using Google Chrome, you can go to preferences, under the hood and "clear auto-opening Settings"If you're using Firefox or Internet Explorer, sorry can't help ya.- Jori

Edited by jori (see edit history)

Go to itunes options and stop it from automatically adding music to your library. Additionally, download CCleaner and disable itunes and additional itunes idle programs from automatically starting when you start your machine.

XD Your uh nevermind makes me feel your question wasn't answered. Here's the thing, I know what you are talking about but ain't sure whether you use the same software as me. I use Free Youtube to Mp3 by Dvdvideosoft while downloading music off the internet. Now in the options of this software, you have an option to let Itunes open the recently downloaded.

Hopefully this helps :)

XD Your uh nevermind makes me feel your question wasn't answered. Here's the thing, I know what you are talking about but ain't sure whether you use the same software as me. I use Free Youtube to Mp3 by Dvdvideosoft while downloading music off the internet. Now in the options of this software, you have an option to let Itunes open the recently downloaded.

Hopefully this helps :)

That's the program I use and I found that option after looking over it a few times. After I seen it, I was like "Oh...." So, yea. I fixed the problem.

YAY! I actually like the Itunes option since it is easier for me to keep track of what I've downloaded :D Kinda sad that it lags on your machine. Since the Topic is resolved, I am closing it but please pm any mod if you want to add any more feedback.