xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

A Long Rode To Ho. Why is it so misspelled?

A long rode to ho.It is not mispronounced it is misspelled.Rode is a length of chain and rope that is put out from the ship to the anchor. A long rode is required when it is windy or stormy. To pull a rope on a ship is to ho from the term ?Heave Ho?. The group will advance on the rope on the command Heave and sailors expressed in unison "Ho" as they pulled. If it is stormy and windy or the current is strong the long rode to ho is hard work that takes a long time

A long rode to ho.

It is not mispronounced it is misspelled.

Rode is a length of chain and rope that is put out from the ship to the anchor. A long rode is required when it is windy or stormy. To pull a rope on a ship is to ho from the term ?Heave Ho?. The group will advance on the rope on the command Heave and sailors expressed in unison "Ho" as they pulled. If it is stormy and windy or the current is strong the long rode to ho is hard work that takes a long time

Haha That's clever. In fact, I didn't even know what "rode" is XD Well... except for past tense of "ride"

A long rode to ho... I think I might use that in the future. Learning new stuff everyday =D

Well, I could be wrong, but I think you have it all wrong. It's, "A long row to hoe."Anyone who has ever worked a garden can tell you how long and boring and tedious and difficult it is to hoe a row full of weeds in a garden. Therefore, when you have a long and difficult task ahead of you, you can say you have a long row to hoe.