xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ojil

Web Design

Do you know why the sell products for a reduced price? Local companies and merchants accept the reduced price as it helps them in getting more and more customers every day

Hi!This question may not be web design related (it is posted under the Web Design forum; I would rather see it under the business forum), but I'll post my reply to it anyway. Goods are sold for a reduced price for lots of reasons. First of all, there's the incentive for customers to buy from you, as you have stated. Then, there could be price reductions from the manufacturer so when you get products for a lower price, you could eithr increase your profits or you could pass on the discounts to your own customers and therefore build a sense of brand loyalty. You could also have a whole load of stuff that expires shortly so instead of tossing them all into the bin, you can try to get as much value as you can by selling the stock for heavily discounted prices. Stuff that is close to expiry is usually available for a real bargain, but you might want to watch what you are buying because it just might make you ill if the products have not been stored appropriately. At times, when you are winding up your business, you just might sell off everything you have got at whatever price you can get and that's again a time when you would just sell everything for a reduced price, perhaps even the sign on the store :-P

wow title says web design so when i came in this topic i were expecting reading something about how to design a web or something like that, now i assume your question is somehow related to web designing services, so if we talk about those services then you can see they reduce their price every month to be in competition with other companies, why ? because if there was a constant number of web designing companies then they can always keep their prices without any reduction but we know that everyday number of peoples try to design a web goes up , and every day there are more peoples out there wanting to make money by web designing so if they want to keep up competing then they need to reduce their prices and one reduction makes all other companies to reduce their prices.but if you talk about technology then we have another story, in technology prices keep going down because of progressing. if you look at 30 - 40 years ago you need to get thousands of peoples working for building a car now robots can do most of the process so progressing makes goods cheaper. every year we can see new CPUs coming out and the older ones get a reduction in their prices because they want to get rid of them sooner and get ready for making newer things. in CPU every year producers (intel/amd) get new knowledges about how to build more smaller transistors (remember nanometer that you hear when you buy a cpu) and so smaller cores.

Hi!Iniyila, I stand corrected. Now that I read your post, I realise that the original poster could have asked about selling web design services for lower prices rather than a general question about business management. I would explain it by saying that there are so many web designers out there that unless you have a reputation as the designer who developed websites for a few dozen big players and your customers aren't government entities or huge multinational corporations, you would have to offer lower prices to compete. When you do compare rates, you find some web designers offering their services for less than a quarter of the price of the high priced web designers. Apart from the reputation, quality comes at a premium too. If you want to have better designed websites, you pay more. Well, that need not necessarily be true, but that is pretty much the norm because if you want to have more time put into your website, you would have to pay more because you could have gotten somebody to spend a whole year building somebody's website, but then their wages have to come from out of your pocket.At times, it is just not possible to offer services below costs because you would anticipate other work coming up so what you do is leave the staff idle till they actually do get the job. Now, that may not sound like such a hot strategy because you do need to cut your losses and take whatever you can get but then again, there is a slight chance that you could get something bigger. I would say that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, so what the heck - might as well get the engine running and look at what we do have. If there is a better deal, it can wait or we just call it touch luck because when you have absolutely nothing coming your way, you have to take the bitter pill and can't look at trying to choose from something that you do not even know that you have.