xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
aloKNsh

Get The Whole Of Maps Saved At Once In My Smartphone. Anyway to download the whole city map in google maps.

Yesterday i bought a new LG Optimus, its really great to own an android device but i think the apps in the app market are not as furnished and neat as in Apple App store. Anyways i had trouble using google maps which was pre-installed in my smartphone. I dont have an unlimited data plan in my cellphone and nor the 3G works in my town at its best so i prefer downloading the whole of the map at my home using my home wi-fi. But now the problem arises that, whenever i look a place in my map or say a local street, first the map download the content from the net and then shows, no problem when in home but it sucks when i am travelling out because i dont know my next days routine or route as where i am going to be so its better to get the whole city maps allready cached in my phone. In Nokia Ovi Maps we were able to buy the whole of the city, i want the similar app for the android. I had used the Mapdroid, though it gave the map of my city but it was not zoomed to the max. and it was only the terrain not the satellite, and the info in the terrain was also not there like any cafe or res-truant. Is there any app which enables me to download the map of the whole city beforehand and save it in my smartphone and use it whenever needed. The saved map should be zoomed to the max. level and if possible the satellite map will add an ice to my cake. My city is not an metro poly, just a small town in India so i think not all the apps has the maps of India, still suggest me the apps for my android device.hope so i am clear with my problem?