xisto Community
karlo

A Lot Of Html Questions need help here html experts

First I need to create a website. The layout is a little similar to PostNuke and PHPBB. 3 table layout.But many said that I must use css/div instead of tables. How will I do it? Please provide many references.Second, what WYSIWYG editor would you recommend?I don't like the following:Macomedia DreamweaverCoffeeCup HTML EditorMicrosoft FrontPagePlease recommend some more...

FrontPage dosen't create W3C certified pages.

If you want standards compliance, you should stick to Dreamweaver, that's the only WYSIWYG editor I know of that tries to make compliant pages. But if you want a recommendation: I recommend not using a WYSIWYG editor at all.

If you want a tutorial on making a three-column page with a header and a footer, without using tables the Floatutorial is pretty good. You want Tutorial 9, at the bottom of the page. Or you could try the Layout-o-matic. Or Glish. The internet is filled with CSS tutorials ;)

If oyu don't want to go into the hassle of making your own website template, go to Open source web design @ http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ all, and i mean, all of their desgins are 100% w3c compliant, and are really nice too, check'em out if you have time. They are quite professional. Best of all, the templates are free. (Keyowrd: Open Source)

If oyu don't want to go into the hassle of making your own website template, go to Open source web design @ http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ all, and i mean, all of their desgins are 100% w3c compliant, and are really nice too, check'em out if you have time. They are quite professional. Best of all, the templates are free. (Keyowrd: Open Source)

54141[/snapback]

The website dosen't work! Do you know any other website?

- Download VIM (The best editor out there).

- Spend 15 minutes of your life doing a VIM tutorial.

- Visit HTMLDOG and do the HTML/CSS tutorials.

That will be the best way to begin in my opinion.

- Download VIM (The best editor out there).

- Spend 15 minutes of your life doing a VIM tutorial.

- Visit HTMLDOG and do the HTML/CSS tutorials.

That will be the best way to begin in my opinion.

54324[/snapback]

Thre's something wrong with the "http://www.htmldog.com/" link. Do you think that "VIM" will really help me? Why do I need it's tutorial?

I Think Macomedia Dreamweaver is best See Macomedia Dreamweaver Version 2004its cool tools for edit php and html sites and pagesif you want user frontpage its better use notepad i hate forntpage 2003 its one CD but its dont support php and dont show site interface but Macomedia Dreamweaver is show html format of php site if you include html and php site

Thre's something wrong with the "http://www.htmldog.com/" link. Do you think that "VIM" will really help me? Why do I need it's tutorial?

54442[/snapback]

I tried the htmldog link now and it works for me. Maybe yesterday their site was down but it seems strange to me.

About VIM:

I began Web Desgin with notepad but the natural step is to move to a more powerful editor like VIM or Emacs. The tutorial (simple type ":help" once you open VIM) will improve your abilities with VIM a lot in few minutes.