xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Hard Breakup

Well I was with a guy for 10 years and we broke up about 6 months ago. This is the hardest thing that I've ever been through, and I don't know if I'll ever get over him. We were 14 years apart, so maybe that should be my first red flag. We also ccame from two totally different backgraounds. I come from a family where my parents are happily married after 40 years, and he came from his father dying when he was four. And his mother lost custody of him and his sister to the state, and bounced around from foster home to foster home. He had a son who was 7 when we met, and I practically raised him. His mother is worthless. I worked so hard to make a family and security for him and his son, and when we would have problems he would "talk" so girls that he worked with about them. I guess I always knew we wouldn't last. Oh and he proposed to me about three years into our relationship. We set a date to get married. I bought my wedding dress, got the bridesmaids dresses, had the venue, and all the favors. But he called it off. And my dumb butt stayed with him for 4 more years. Why is this so hard to get over? He's moved in with someone else, and I'm almost positive because of money problems. He was sooooo bad with managing money. Well I just need someone to talk to and get over him...I've wasted enough time on him...

It has been almost 2 weeks since you posted this, but I will answer anyway.

Sounds as if you were letting your heart overrule your brain and that is why you let things last as long as you did. Why do we always do this is the question? Yes you will get over this guy and probably miss the boy more than him in the long run. It will be difficult after investing that length of time in the relationship. We are women and strong, so we will survive. I hope putting this up on the forum where you could read it to yourself helped some. It ususally does. Good Luck! :rolleyes: