xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NNNOOOOOO

Help Daisy Chaining Routers both are wireless

I done looked, but I can't understand the answers to the questions.I have a Nintendo DS. It has Wi-Fi capabilities. It can connect to the wireless router in my room. It'll find the router in my living room, but can't connect to it. It doesn't support the security settings. Well, the one in the living room is the only one that has an internet connection. I used my laptop successfully to get Live onto my XBOX again. I had to bridge the wireless and wired connections together, plugging the ethernet cable directly into the XBOX and laptop.If I connect the PC to the other router (in my room) using the one of the 5 ports, can I connect the XBOX into the one of the other ports and still get a connection? And can I use the wireless feature for the DS and it work?--OR--Will I need to physically bring the router from my room into the living room and daisy chain it?If I do either one, will the other router (in my room) adopt the security setting from the router in the living room, making the process a waste of time? I you can't figure out what I just asked, tell me and I'll try to post pic.s.

I tried the first method. At first, the DS made the laptop give an IP address conflict error. Then I tried the XBOX. It worked fine, so I retried the DS. It worked then. I just had to play with the routers settings.