xisto Community
ill

Head Leaves Korn!

Well...some sad news in the music world yet good also comes out of it...Brian "Head" Welch has left Korn for his savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. He will use his musical abilities to follow that path. I feel that he shouldn't have left the band, but I guess one's beliefs are more important than what everybody else wants you to do so I wish him the best. Another thing I thought about is that I saw Korn live on December 10, 2004 at the Nokia Theater in Dallas...the last American tour date before their world tour. This was the last concert IN AMERICA that the original members of Korn ever did. Now...should Korn replace Head with someone or continue with Jon, Fieldy, Munky, and David ???

Source

How totally unexepected. I for one, did not see this coming!

Hmm....I always expected JD would be the first to leave for spiritual reasons ;) Korn still has some gas left in them, so I would expect they would try and find a replacement rather than just disband. They can hardly keep going as they are right now.

I'm in awe of this personal sacrifice...no, really. I am. Seriously.... ;) ...From what I heard, they are not seeking a replacement. This could mean the near end of the band. Good riddance, I say. I was hardly ever a Korn fan, and yes, they were certainly falling off the radar to this point. I can picture Jonathan Davis sitting in his bed at night, muttering, "Why is that 'Freak on a Leash' 'Falling Away From Me?'"

How anyone could do this really puzzles me. All those years of work and he finally got what he wanted and he throws it all away. What did he expect it to be like? dinner at 7 then pray and go to bed at 9?I work be **bottom** off every *BLEEP*ing day of the week. Why? because i want to *BLEEP*en make something of my life and become a musican. I *BLEEP*en sleep with my guitar! No, korn isnt my favorite band. Not even close. But they did save us from *BLEEP*en grunge so they will always have a place in my heart. I really hope that korn is still successful without him.

He obviously didn't throw everything away because he still has his pockets full of cash, so he's all set for years to come...Or, maybe this is just an excuse to leave Korn with as little tension as possible? Who knows... After all, it's his decision...