xisto Community
redrum1

Keyboard On My Laptop Dont Work i need your help Keyboard on my laptop dont work

I have a (Manufacturer= Hewlett-Packard),(Model= Compaq Presario CQ50 Notebook PC),(Processor=AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL-62 2.00GHz, (Memory Ram) 3.00 GB), (System Type 32-bit Operating System), My problem is, my keyboard, ever since i disassembled my laptop just to clean the fan cause it was making my laptop overheat it was so dirty. Anyway when i reassembled my laptop my touchpad did not work so i disassembled it again and got that to work but i for the tenth time taking it apart i just can not get any keys to ground and also the wireless button beside the power button does not light up or work. I also broke one side of the clip that holds the keyboard ribbon in place and now i dont know if i need a new keyboard or if i'm not putting it together the right way and is it possible i'm not attaching the ribbon the right way and can i take a clip or and a keyboard of another laptop cause i'm just so frustrated useing the slow on screen keyboard. Could someone please just give some advice on what i should do please and thank you i would be greatfull for anyones feedback thank you.Bill billy321wiebe@yahoo.ca Email me please for youre advice.

Edited by redrum1 (see edit history)

I have a (Manufacturer= Hewlett-Packard),(Model= Compaq Presario CQ50 Notebook PC),(Processor=AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL-62 2.00GHz, (Memory Ram) 3.00 GB), (System Type 32-bit Operating System), My problem is, my keyboard, ever since i disassembled my laptop just to clean the fan cause it was making my laptop overheat it was so dirty. Anyway when i reassembled my laptop my touchpad did not work so i disassembled it again and got that to work but i for the tenth time taking it apart i just can not get any keys to ground and also the wireless button beside the power button does not light up or work. I also broke one side of the clip that holds the keyboard ribbon in place and now i dont know if i need a new keyboard or if i'm not putting it together the right way and is it possible i'm not attaching the ribbon the right way and can i take a clip or and a keyboard of another laptop cause i'm just so frustrated useing the slow on screen keyboard. Could someone please just give some advice on what i should do please and thank you i would be greatfull for anyones feedback thank you.
Bill billy321wiebe@yahoo.ca Email me please for youre advice.

pray over it :)

Your post is old enough for me to assume that you either have a new laptop now, which is most likely not another Hewlett Packard or Compaq. Just in case, I thought I'd mention that you can try to power on the computer without hooking up the keyboard so you can check if the ribbon cable is making contact when it starts up and can also reverse the direction of the cable while the computer is still running. On many computers, the direction of the ribbon cable is indicated by the fold, but a Compaq Presario laptop that I disassembled had the ribbon connector going straight down; I could still figure out from the 'fit' which the correct direction was. BTW, there are reports that when buying a replacement OEM keyboard, the direction of the fold can possibly be reversed so you may have to bend it back the right way. It may be a manufacturing defect or a part manufactured for a laptop from a different region; it is perplexing because if the exact same model cannot be manufactured in the same way then what help would the service manual be. At the very least, they should at least be taking design cues from the floppy disk drive and IDE Parallel ATA hard disk drives - at least back in those days, they had the foresight to have one side of the ribbon colored in red indicating a connection to the first pin of the connector.