xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fan198281

Best Blog Tool? Best Blog Tool?

I'm sure a lot of people here blog, and Xisto has quite a lot of different systems for easy installing, but which one do you think is the best? I'm asking because there just so many different to choose from in the "Addon Scripts" section, and I have no idea what the pros and cons are of the different systems. So any personal experiences with good and bad sides would be great. As you probably already have guessed I'm mainly looking for a discussion about blog systems that will run on Xisto. So saying "LiveJournal" doesn't count.

Well I use a php script that takes posts from PhpBB and displays them on the webpage. I think it works quite great! You can take a look if you want. It uses the phpbbfetchall.com script!

fan198281, you may want hosting, but copying someone elses posts (in this case my post) to get credits is seriously uncool.

Original post: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/6264-best-blog-tool/

53649[/snapback]

definitely uncool. good thing you are active, bjrn, and caught this "copy-thread" yourself. ;) fan198281, it's easy to gain your hosting here at Xisto, so just follow the rules of the forum. :P no spam, no plagiarised content (claiming content as your own), no duplicate posts (even if it is your own post, even from another site/forum), no warez, etc. otherwise, you will reap what you have sown. (and that is: you will get reprimanded very soon by an admin/moderator). :D

no wonder the stuff look so similiar. I was like "haven't already responded to this already?" lol well I would like to say Wordpress is pretty good. Its easy to customize well I think Cutenews is easier to customize but it doesn't have that many options. Wordpress should be Fantastico already so you don't have to do all that installing and reading. There are a bunch of hacks for wordpress and there is a new version of it too.