xisto Community
mrdee

Any Ornithologists Here? Looking for name of a bird species.

Hello,I was wondering if there are people on here with a sound knowledge of birds.I have uploaded a picture of a bird,and i would like to know what kind of bird it is.Just to try and help a little bit, the picture was taken in Europe,in belgium to be more precise.It would be a great help if someone could answer my question.Thank you very much in advance.post-46682-095569500 1305312204_thumb.jpg

Yes, I noticed that myself, straight after uploding it.

It looked a lot bigger on that black screen that pops up on Facebook (but it looks you cant copy the pictures from here, only from the page it is on).

It did, however, lookvery clear nd crisp on Facebook.

Also, the picture being a .jpg, I fear that, when increasing the size, it will go all blocky.

So, any suggestions?

Thank you.

I'll have to try it this way he 2nd time, can't find the upload box anymore.

(This is an enlarged version).

Posted Image

Edited by mrdee (see edit history)

there's a joke in there, but i'm not sayin' it. i tried to research it myself, but i couldn't really find a good match. rvalkass could be correct though. it definately has similar variations to the hmmmm blue *BLEEP*. the larger picture is better, but still too fuzzy to make any accurate guess(for myself at least)

That was exactly what I was saying, anwiii, the original picture on facebook was nice and crisp and clear, but i cannot get it to look like that for some odd reason.It might be the kind of bird that is described, but i am still not 100% sure if it is correct.And, yes, rvalkass, I have seen them in Slough, especially during that time my central heating broke down. :D(I must say they did look different to the picture, though). :PThanks for your input, gentlemen, nevertheless.

I think I found it now.

The bird has indeed somethig to do with *BLEEP*, but would not be a blue, but a great *BLEEP* (parus major).

Maybe I could refer to a clearer picture:

Posted Image

Oops, see in the preview I get a number of BLEEPs here, hope I don't get warnings for them, as I was writing some thing completely innocent.

Rvalkass, how did you manage to write that without a BLEEP?

Rvalkass, how did you manage to write that without a BLEEP?

Through my incredible levels of awesomeness :D Or that moderators don't appear to be subject to the filter...