xisto Community
ill

Simple Html Guide

Taupe, it's Simple and for Beginners. I didn't make it for those of us who already know stuff. Remember when you started out? You learned the bold tag and was like, wow, that's cool. Then <s> tag and you were like ;)

p.s. these tags aren't depreciated they are used on almost every page on the internet!

Notepad is tha bomb yo! I much prefer writing my pages from scratch on notepad to using a do-it-all GUI program. It takes longer, but I don't care. FYI: anyone who's looking for a Notepad-like text-editor for OS X would do well to check out Smultron.

Notepad is so much better anyways, it supports all types of files and all you do is have to save it then you can view the page or file on your computer.

p.s. these tags aren't depreciated they are used on almost every page on the internet!

Well, they aren't totally illegal to use on the web, but I think what Taupe meant is that things like the font tag have been deprecated ever since HTML4.

This is a guide for making HTML 3.2 documents, perhaps it should have been mentioned at the start...

You can read more about the changes between HTML 3.2 and HTML 4 on the W3C website.

CSS is better for styling most pages so..You are right bjrn, but we must remember, it's simple! and for beginners. ;)

The HTML version is done, just right click this link and save link as, to save it to your computer!

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

All Xisto members have permission to use this on their site if they wish, however you must not alter the page! If you want to style it according to your page you can include the CSS file. You can also alter it to fit your site's theme, but do not alter any actual content. You must include the copyright!