xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mrdee

Hp All In One Problem Deskjet F2200 chops off bottom of some sentences

I have a HP Deskjet F2200 All in One (Inkjet printer, Copier, Scanner).Since I have a Canon Laser Printer too, the HP is only for secondary use, and gets mostly used for copying and scanning.It has come to my attention now that, when I print a document, in some sentences (not all of them) the bottom of the letters seem to be 'chopped off'.My initial thought was that, due to the secundary use of the printer, maybe the ink had become a bit dry, so I did some maintenance by cleaning the print head.(I forgot to mention that the ink level indicator tells me both the black and colour cartridges are still all right).First of all, the test image came out rather 'streaky', but that got better after further maintenance.After the last run-through, when the test image had come out quite clean, I tried again, and the text was nice and crisp and black, but, once again, some sentences were still missing their bottom bits.Has anyone come across something similar in the past, or even better, does anyone know a solution for this problem?The reason why I ask this question here is: HP are very fast and eager to sell, but once they have done so, the customer is of no further value to them, it seems.They require, in order to be able to contact them, that your device is still in guarantee, otherwise you have to pay for support, and can't even send them a simple email.Some customer service.Anyway, if anyone would be able to help, I would be very grateful.

ok. if you already tried cleaning the ink head, try to print in black ONLY and then color ONLY. see if there is a difference. if there is, it is probably the cartridge but not 100%. buying another cartridge may fix this problemmy first question would be when you installed the cartridges and did it do this originally.... also, when was the last time you used the printer when it didn't do this?usually printers will detect if something is wrong with the cartridge. also, when you clean the ink head, it's important to do it gently by just taking a paper towel, i fold mine up in to a small square, wet it a little where it's not dripping wet, and dab it....don't rub it. then i take a dray paper towel and dab it. that is the proper way of cleaning it or you risk doing more damage.i do remember i had this problem before a long time ago but for the life of me, i forget what the problem was. i did end up fixing it. it wasn't the printer.....whenever i am diagnosing something though like this, i like to update my drivers and make sure everything is working as it should including the spooler, etc. never can tell sometimes WHAT can fix a certain problem....oh, also, i would try taking your other printer off the network and delete it all together and test your ink jet. i only advise this because i have found the strangest solutions to problems before just by fiddling around....

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

Yes, indeed, I will try all the solutions you mention, I do agree the solution can sometimes be in a very small corner.Just to re-iterate, all the print is clean, nicely crisp and black (it is a monochrome print, by the way, forgot to mention that), no smearing or streaking, except for a sentence hear and there which seems to be left with "no feet" :rolleyes: meaning the lower serifs seem to be gone, but once again, there is not a single trace of smearing of any kind in those sentences.i do seem to remember I put the cartridge in there over a year ago, and as I said, the inkjet is not my main printer, I only use it for copying and scanning, so, unfortunately, it is difficult to say when the problem DID NOT occur last.But, a good tip, I will try to clean the print head a bit more thoroughly by means of a paper towel, and see what happens, and I will also go through the other things you advise if i have no luck there.Anyway, thanks for all the good advice, I shall try it all out and i will keep you posted on my progress.Thanks again.

Cut of text or images could be due to the cartridge running low on ink or needs to be cleaned.... As u said the ink levels are ok ... Try cleaning the cartridges..... use a tissue on the left over or dried ink.....Have u refilled the cartridges ?? If u have the cartridge might have been damaged.....