xisto Community
NNNOOOOOO

Output Current

In a specific voltage regulator, the output states something like "-1.25V, -5V, etc." and "-1.0A". That last part, is that 1A continuous or 1A max? I need to know 'cause I'm powering from a PP3 (9V) battery and powering a LED. tell me if you need a datasheet.

If you've got the datasheet for the regulator, that should tell you. If you could post a link here, or upload it, that would be great.If you're just powering an LED, however, the current shouldn't go anywhere close to 1A, so there should be no need to worry.

Datasheets do tend to be a bit confusing to start with, but they can be very useful :P Each version of the voltage regulator has a table outlining its electrical characteristics. Each one lists the output voltage as valid over a range of output currents: 5mA to 1A. As long as you keep the output current draw within that range, you can expect the voltage regulator to hold the voltage steady.

Alright, thank you. That's exactly what I needed to know. I was just needing to know before I started to shove stuff together.