xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mean12

Is It Okay To Hibernate A Netbook And Put It In A Bag?

I have this Acer Aspire One netbook, and I used to set it in hibernate state and put it in my bag.I do this so I can have a quick start-up (I used every free moments to continue my work so it's pretty unpredictable and I want my netbook to be ready for it).Is it okay for the battery or it will shorten the lifespan?

I have this Acer Aspire One netbook, and I used to set it in hibernate state and put it in my bag.I do this so I can have a quick start-up (I used every free moments to continue my work so it's pretty unpredictable and I want my netbook to be ready for it).
Is it okay for the battery or it will shorten the lifespan?

netbooks on sale
newest netbook

So long as you don't crush it, it'll be fine. If you do crush it, eg. sit/sleep/stand on it, there'll be more wrong with it than the battery; cracked screen, cracked case, broken parts, etc.

I think it's quite alright to hibernate, the only bad thing about it might be that hibernation takes extra hard disk space, but with such big hard drives todays I think it's not really a big issue..I usually put my computer to sleep, but it's not the same as hibernation, on hibernation the computer is turned off, while sleeping, some parts of computer/laptop is on. I tried to see how long my laptop can sleep from a 100% battery, it took 48 hours to use all the battery, while on hibernation it the same as turned off..So I suggest, when you need to go somewhere for a minute or at most 1 hour, you can sleep? and wake the laptop, but if you need to go somewhere over an hour, hibernation is quite good, just that if you always hibernate and will use your computer without a full restart or full shutdown, it might start acting weird, well you know Windows? :DSometimes a laptop can wake from hibernation with errors or something like that and you will still need to restart, but that depends on your OS configuration and maybe the laptop it self, drivers and etc. Same with sleep, sometimes my desktop doesn't work after waking up, I need to restart, maybe some part of a computer didn't wake up properly or something like that? :)To tell the truth, hibernation is the same turning off, just that it loads a saved image of your desktop. I suggest to try avoid turning your computer off and on to many times a day, that's why I use sleep, but it's the same case, it's best to turn on your computer work with it for hours and turn off your computer for hours, but if you buy new computer every 1-3 years, it doesn't matter, in my humble opinion ;D