xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
canute24

Virus Alert - Messenger Viruses New viruses spreading through Y Msngr

If somebody by the name of json73002@yahoo.com adds you. dont accept it. Its a virus. Tell everyone on ur bulletin because if somebody on ur list adds them, u get the virus too. Tell everyone on your list not to open anything angell11. tewwtuler and sassy*BLEEP*. It is a hard drive killer and a very horrible virus. Pass this letter to everyone on your buddy list. We need to find out who is really using these accounts. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Becareful while using Messengers guys! Don't keep your messengers online unnecessarily. Go offline as soon as you can and don't add anyone you don't know to your friends list. Take Care ;)

:D Can you explain me how in the hell we get a virus just by adding a guy in our list? Is messenger that dangerous? I thought that only danger was when you accepted applications .exe .com etc :)

may i make a question?i just accepted a file from a friend in messenger...this file was a picture, something like "image61youtube.jpg".i accidently opened it without considering what this file is about...now i realize that my pc got a virus...i scanned my pc and cleared a couple of trojans...i also installed a new version of messenger...now what am i supposed to do?should i format my pc?or is another way that i can desinfect my disks...thank u...

Its that true because I myself never had a problem like this and how a virus can spread through a messenger.But anyways,i would be careful and wouldn't the usernames as suggested by you.I would surely pass on this information to my friends and everyone :)

I know you can get a virus on messenger from opening files or anything someone has sent you, I wouldnt reccomend opening anything unless you know that person good. As for getting a virus from adding a name that I dont know but its better to be safe then sorry. and just a suggestion this is how I have my messenger set up. People cannot add me as a friend I have to add them I have my messenger sent to block everyone who is not on my friends list and you can do this by going to messenger at the top and then preferences and then click on ignore list and then click the little button that says ignore anyone not on my list, and that way you dont have anybody you dont know adding you. Hope this helps.

Got a Virus by using MSN messanger

Virus Alert - Messenger Viruses

Hello,

I think my computer got infected, I got a message from my "friend"

It had a link, I clicked it and now my windows task bar is all weired ,

Showing double dropdowns.

Can anyone please help?!

Can you get a Virus via Messenger...?

Virus Alert - Messenger Viruses

Yes you can get a virus via Messenger..

Choke Virus was one such virus.

I don't know how susceptible the latest MSN's are to viruses/attacks but being a Microsoft product it's likely that security is slack.

Keep your shields up and watch what you click and who it's from.

TenaC

-reply by Anon eMouse