xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
vesna

What Is A Shoutbox?

What is the difference between a shoutmix, chatbox, html shoutbox, tagboard and a shoutbox?there are also smf shoutboxes, vbulletin shoutboxes, wordpress shoutboxes and so on... I can't make the point...I want to install a flash shoutbox, but still don't understand too many terms...

Edited by moderator (see edit history)

Shoutmix , chatbox and tagboard are totally the same thing. Shoutbox is a place on Internet where you can shout what you want without(or somethimes needed) registration or etc. They are usually public and are like , to send comments for a thing , or for people to comment what you say :)smf shoutboxes, vbulletin shoutboxes, wordpress shoutboxes are shoutboxes for a special website. For example , Wordpress is a tool for blogging , and if you need a shoutbox on your blog - you can use that one , vBulletin is a forum script and you can use that vBulletin shoutbox for a forum. Etc. Etc.There is thing like Flash shoutbox , because Flash can't store a shoutbox. You need a free website which hosts the flash shoutboxes , and you can add the HTML in your page.You can't create a shoutbox by uploading a flash file , but you can if you insert a code like <embed src="http://www.someotherwebsite.com/shoutbox.swf?id=34w4w34; and it should work.Do you have a website , Facebook fanpage or something? Where are you going to use it :) ?

The shoutboxes are places where almost all the visitors of a website can comment about they want. The shoutboxes don?t have moderators and they are used for spam too. I think that in the first Xisto design I can remember it has a shoutbox which was used to make spam for a lot of guest. Like you can see in the footer of the website almost all the time there are a lot of guest but only one or two registered members browsing in the forum. Maybe this was the reason they decided to close the shoutbox. And the paging load was very increased by the shoutbox and was very annoying to read only spam and things without sense the guest visitors wrote on it.I think that you maybe are more able to use a html shoutbox because if you use the flash shoutbox you will increase the time needed to your website load in the browser and you will probably lose a lot of visitors because nobody like to be waiting for a website that is taking longer to load.So that is my advice but if you want to do that yet you can search in google and if you know spanish there is a page that is in the first place ever where the tutorials are excellent and for free and they give you personal orientation to learn more about web designing.So I hope you get your shoutbox. Regards.