xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kiwirin

Best Final Fantasy?

I actully preferd X hence the name of me... But it was great grapics and the story was even better. With the arrival of X-2 though i did not like to follow it as it was fairly stupid and boring but it still maid me cry at the end like X did.VII was great but i just did not like it that much probably as it was not advanced as X is. Eventhough it is one of the greats on PS

id go for tactics ^^i liked the story and i even read a couple of fanfics for FFT ^^as for the others, they have cool graphics too, but i havent played all the ff series yet~ :D

I'm not a die hard FF player, i only have x and X-2. Must say 10 is the one i really enjoyed. However friends of me also said 7 was really wicked. If you look at players names in games sephiroth is a common name....i believe he was from the FF series as well? Mayb when i have enough money again i'll go looking for it. Too bad we don't have a good gameshop near :). Only some toy stores and a free record shop....

I think that Final Fantasy X was the best. It had great graphics, developed plot, cool characters, and it was action packed. Not only is it my favorite FF game, but it is also one of my favorite RPG games ever.

I have to confess that I've only had the good fortune to play a few of the Final Fantasy games, so I may not be totally qualified to pick a best game, but I'm actually partial to the first one. I think that it actually helped set the standard for a lot of the role playing games that came after it. It featured a good, epic storyline, having to travel all over the world to find the four Orbs. enemies that offered a challenge and didn't just sit there waiting for you to kill them (One of my first times playing, I took two steps out of town and got myself killed by a pack of wolves. Don't ask.) It was also one of the first, if not the first, RPG games to pull off teams effectively, with each member having a different defining aspect. These ranged anywhere from the classic Fighter (specializing in fighting, naturally) to the Black Mage (fighting magic) to the White Mage (helping magic). It was the game that got the whole series rolling, and it's worthy of respect just for that.One game in the series that I think gets kind of a bad rap is Crystal Chronicles. I know a lot of people may not like it because it's different from your normal Final Fantasy game. It features more real-time action than turn-based gameplay. You also increase your stats by finding certain artifacts or equipping certain items. If you look past the differences, however, you find a very solid game. It also has an interesting, compelling storyline that plays out the farther you go and the longer you play. Along with the main story, about the struggle to protect your home from Miasma, Crystal Chronicles also has a wide variety of side stories, which range from a missing princess to a mysterious Lilty in black armour who has been known to attack caravans like the one your character travels with. Crystal Chronicles also gives you a fair amount of customization in your game. You can choose one of four tribes with their own unique history, choose whether the character is male or female, and then choose one of four appearances to your character. If that isn't enough, you can change your appearance further, for example, by equipping him or her with different shields or swords (If you're a Clavat.) or other weapons, depending on your tribe. It was slightly different than your normal Final Fantasy game, but a good one nonetheless.

I may be the underdog here but I think that FF8 is the best. I mean the story was awesome (war/love/epic) and the characters were very distingushable in personality, the graphics werent just good, they weree a whole new art style for the FF series. I loved the battle system including the "Junction" command. The way you used summons and magic to strengthen characters. I also loved the music, the intro music, Liberi Fatali, was awesome. I loved the gunblade and the cool attacks it did. I think it was the best and this is coming from someone who has played all and owns all the final fantasys in english and japanese(which I can read some of hehe)

i have to agree 7 and 8 are the better ones 9 it was ok could have been better ffx ffx-2 where to linear to be any goodhopefully, FF12 makes up for the lack of 10 and 10-2.

In my opinion...FF7 > FF9 > FF8 >FF7 lacks in graphics. FF8 lacks in storyline.FF9 lacks in character development.FF7 has the best storyline out of the above three.FF8 has the best character/landscapes graphics.FF9 has the best sounds and is average in all aspects.***In my opinion...FF10/FF10-2 is truely two of the worst Final Fantasy games bested only by FF1.FF10's storyline is UBER dull. Its gameplay is dull. It battle system is...dull.The only good parts about it is possibly the Graphics and the sound.FF10-2 is slightly better/worse than FF10 in many ways.Its graphics and sounds are truely spectacular.It lacks in storyline and gameplay.

its a hard question. My favorite is the final fantasy 8, this is my first final fantasy and i think that have the better construction in the characters, an example: Squall begins as an antisocial teen but later become a great leader of the Balamb Garden; the storyline is interesting and the scenaries are so beatyfull.The second FF 7 because his great storyline, and third FF5; this have an excelent story that we can play across 3 worlds and the job system in this game is the more elaborated (FFX-2 have a great job system too, but i dont like the game).

Yeah FF6 was definitely a great game. The way the story was not entirely focussed on just a set of several characters, the great music, and Kefka's infamous laugh :ph34r:

But for me I enjoyed FF9 the best, it was the most polished FF on the PSone, I liked the return to oldschool, and it was a simple fantasy world, I guess it was fairly straight forward. FF7's storyline was about as clear as mud. I was pretty lost, with the whole Sephiroth, Jenova, Aeris intertwining. It was clever, no doubt, but required too much concentration on every little tid-bit to even manage to follow it slightly.

Never played Tactics, but thoroughly enjoyed Tactics advance - whilst not in the true FF fashion, it's a good time waster, probably the game I would most recommend for GBA.

53467[/snapback]

I dont like FF6 cause of the story and graphics the best is FF7 I like em all! even if the graphic stinks its still cool I wish they would make a new continouation on FF7 beside the movie Advent Children