xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
adriantc

Messenger Yahoo, MSN ...

The question is ARE YOU A FAN OF THE MESSENGER SERVICES?Of course everyone uses once in a while Yahoo! Messenger or any other instant messenger account, but are you the person who has 40 to 50 contacts in the contact list, who types 10 letters / seconds thanks to countless hours spent on the net or who starts speaking with friends with lol (I have a friend which is driving me crazy with .... - lol?

yeh sorry i am also 1 person that says lol quite alot !!!

i havent got that many peopl but i still type pretty fast because of messenger

before i was very very slow and now i am ----speedy----

so it has its benefits!!!

stu

Yea since the early 90's (not that my very young self would know..) its been all about chatrooms and chatting. That kinda died out. today, i use AIM and i have a full buddy list. I have to make aliases in order to add more people. so i have like a screename for people i know personally.. people i met through games (like counter-strike). :P MSGing and MUD games pretty much made me type so fast. but im taking computers right now.. and we have a keyboarding section. now i found out that i have "Wrong form" so i have to start from square one (stupid "home row") lol.. if i can type 71 wpm with "wrong form" why should i be forced to type properly if it makes me slower!? ;)

i use MSN Messenger, Yahoo!Messenger... , not really fan of it. It's always open automatically from my windows startup.. though i know how to avoid the MSN from appear in the first time i start up windows, just lazy to do that... and i manage my MSN to auto login whenever i go online.

i hate messenger or any other instant messenger program because when i am on the internet i don't like to be bothered by people sending me messages. how am i supposed to concentrate on what i am doing when the stupid thing sends me 10 messages every second? i have a pretty big msn list... and the ENTIRE list is blocked. i only unblock the ones i want to talk to at the time. when i am done talking to them, i block them again.

I use Trillian for my yahoo and msn messenger friends. I have a lot of friends online always. I like chatting. As I am moderator of a health related forum (Thalassemia Community Forum) where all the members are not supposed to know the options of using a forum, I have to be online most of the time on messenger for their help. Although it is not mandatory but I think it can help members a lot.

I use MSN and Yahoo messengers. I use MSN more than I use Yahoo. I really see no point of talking to someone online through a instant messenger unless its family or someone you have known for a long period of time. Personally i hate getting IM's from people i dont know. all the messages poeple send seems like a big waste of valuable time. Especially for the person IMing you. i love it when someone IM's me and i tell them constantly im busy and they wont stop until you block them. I used to use AIM but it got boring fast and i dont like AIM. So yeah thats my reply to this topic

I'm using Yahoo messenger as well as MSN messenger. I do have advantage of using them as much as I have disadvantage. If someone pm me when I'm really busy its a problem. In this regard I like yahoo messenger. I keep my status invisible. Besides the edge of Y! messenger over msn one is its offline messages. This is truly convinient as I can always drop a line or two which I may have to compose an email if Yahooo messenger is not around...

I started communication with people trough ICQ... then I stopped using it ofr a while, and although I have 50+ people on the list, only few of them remained active... Now, I actively use Yahoo, and MSN from time to time ;) (but not as often as IRC, but that's not IM)

I use trillian, because I have lots of clients and contacts! http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Check it out!

52815[/snapback]

yes! Trillian is one of the best software for those people that have aim,msn,yahoo, and there are like aanother 3 different that can be used, it has a pretty cool and modern display, and some cool features. I havent used it in a long time, about a year, but i can still reacomend it.

ps. and answering the original question, i do use messengers, just something to do, when im bored. I think that MSN is the best messenger, mostly after downloading plus from Messenger Plus

I have all three main ones (AIM, YIM, MSN) and mIRC. I used to chat a LOT, but I don't much anymore. I still have YIM, AIM, and mIRC open at all times though. (The only one I talk to on MSN is my cousin.) They all have their pros and cons.