xisto Community
anwiii

Spammers Unite if the forum being dead wasnt enough....

well i notified opaque about the spam problem here a few days ago and nothing has been done. i'm doing my best to report them all but i think i'm missing a few.i think a mod should suggest to opaque that he needs a captcha during the registration processthis is getting ridiculous. i have made it a point to log in more regularly to report the spam so legitimate posts don't get swept away, never to be seen. where the hell are the moderators?!? one logged in in the wee hours yesterday to delete the reported posts, but none today! come on guys!

well i notified opaque about the spam problem here a few days ago and nothing has been done. i'm doing my best to report them all but i think i'm missing a few.

Thanks for the reports. I'm doing my best to delete every spam topic I come across, but there are a few I miss which your reports direct me towards.

i think a mod should suggest to opaque that he needs a captcha during the registration process

I thought the registration process did include a CAPTCHA? Most of the spam before this recent flurry was from humans manually creating accounts and then copy-and-pasting spam into posts. Now, it seems to be entirely automated. Either the registration process has been changed making it easier for computers to register accounts, or they've managed to crack the existing safeguards. In either case, the registration process needs to be changed to make sure computers can't automatically create accounts.

this is getting ridiculous. i have made it a point to log in more regularly to report the spam so legitimate posts don't get swept away, never to be seen. where the hell are the moderators?!? one logged in in the wee hours yesterday to delete the reported posts, but none today! come on guys!

I'm in the UK, so it will appear to you in the US that I'm logging in at weird times to deal with the spam. I am doing everything I can to delete every spam topic I come across. However, it currently takes anything from 30 seconds to 2 minutes for a page to load. Deleting a topic takes 6 page loads (three to open the list of reports, open an individual report, mark it complete, and another three to load the topic, mark it for deletion, and confirm deletion) so can take anything up to 12 minutes!!! With the current volume of spam it can take hours to wade through it and delete it all. I am trying my best though, honestly.

i created fake account yesterday to see what the registration process is like and it doesn't include a captcha. there are programs out there now like xrumer that is easy to post spam on forums. they are getting more and more popular.i would also suggest trying to delete ip's, but programs like xrumer allows a user to hide behind proxies and switches between themso you were the one who deleted all the spam then :) i know it takes longer to delete spam and limit a users access than it does to report the spam. since most mods don't log on frequently anymore, it's gotta be a *BLEEP*.i would rather see new user registrations closed right now since opaque isn't taking precautions to the spam than see the new user spam right noweven people's status messages are getting spammed now. it's getting worse.

Granted, spam has really been horrible this week, but I would truely hate to see new registrations stopped, the boards have been way too slow as it is and I would hate to see anyone who could actually be a good prospective member get turned away because of these dumb spammers. Has to be a better way than that.

good topic anwiii, glade to see you around trying your best here, i hope i could join too, but you know i have my own troubles to deal with now and the forums loads so slow for me and works horrible with my computer :( that i can barely open the forum. any way great job reporting the spam here.and thank you rvalkass for your effort as a moderator, i know you are doing your best for Xisto and recently you are the most moderator that i see online. thanks again for your hard work to keep this place as it is and not getting worse :P . and i hope that i could be here more to fix things with you guys but i will do my best doing this. good luck for all.