xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Iniyila

Porsche 911 Why all of them are same ?

Hello everyone, recently i just had a chance to drive a 911 (or as they tried to say me it is better to say 997) turbo for about 50 minutes and really it was a nice experience, when you see this car you will see a regular 911 of ten years ago with a little differences in corners of its body and shape of lights but anyway from 1953 till now you can not see any big difference in 911 series and they were always same in shape, the car was so sharp than what i was expecting and this caused a problem when i was trying to start the car as i was hitting a tree :D , after i saw its acceleration i asked from my friend whom was sitting beside me and he said it has acceleration of 3.7 seconds for 0 - 100kmph. i had problem with fitting in it a little, inside the car is not so small and most people can get in it easily but it is not as easy as taller cars, when i was riding this car the weather was so foggy and i turned on those little halogen lights but i was not satisfied with the result as it doesn't made only a little difference but anyway this is not an off road car and of course you should not think about being able to do the things you do with your range rover with this but just do a drag race on asphalt with any car you want and you will be satisfied from your little car.the driving is not very smooth but don't forget this is a sport car and should not be as soft as a business class. cornering is just fun in this car and this car can do corners just well, i'm not a racing driver but i know what understeer and oversteer is, so i tried to find out if this car is going to do any of them and the result was completely satisfying and anyway as i was not allowed to destroy the car i didn't do the cornering with high speeds. the brakes are just frightening, very solid, fast and accurate which was the reason why i didn't hit that tree in the beginning :P, when i heard some things about price of the parts i really get mad, you can not use this car as a daily car until you are very rich, you should spend a lot of money on each part which needs maintenance, every thing is just expensive even the glass which protects your front lights, for example they said me ceramic brakes will cost you 10000$ to change and so if you change them twice you have paid a price of a good city car ! so i really don't suggest any person to get a second handed one.Now what i was wanting to say from first is this, when some people asked me about the car when i was driving around, none of them said the model correctly, and even after me saying the correct model they were asking what is the difference, and you know why ? it is because if you are not a fan of 911 then you can not say the difference between the different models easily from the shapes, now why Porsche makes them same? i think they are thinking that making same but everytime more imroved is better than making different ones and just face new problems in each.

Hi!I don't know about the Porsche sales where you are from but here the product lines that Porsche sells are the Boxster, the Cayman, the 911, the Panamera, and the Cayenne. The Porsche Boxster is Porsche's entry-level car. If you want to drive about with the wind in your hair but do not really care as much about really high acceleration, the Boxster is what you would get. Other Porsche owners may not really take you seriously if you are driving about in a Boxster. The Porsche Cayman gives the Porsche Boxster a hard top and apart from that, they look pretty much the same and are pretty much the same performance-wise. The Porsche 911 is where you get the extreme performance. The true Porsche enthusiast would invest in a Porsche 911 and the distinctive style of the Porsche 911 becomes apparent to anyone who is even familiar with the design. The Porsche Panamera is a four door car while the Porsche Cayenne is a sports utility vehicle. The Panamera and Cayenne are built with the intent of providing luxury and practicality rather than for sports performance but you can get Turbo or the Turbo S variants of the Panamera and the Cayenne that are pretty quick and are unmatched by either the Porsche Boxster or the Porsche Cayman.Sports vehicles from Porsche, Ferrari, Maserati, or Aston Martin do not come cheap. If you do think practicality, a Mercedes would probably be a better bet. Mercedes is know to have spares available at about the same price as a Toyota. The maintenance for a Mercedes might even be cheaper than the maintenance for a Toyota if you aren't too particular about going to the dealer and the authorized workshops, though you should ideally stick to the authorized service centers while in the warranty period.