xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

Spring

I really feel sorry for people who have to live in the city. (Although I admit it, there are times when I would like to strangle them) Surrounded by the jungle of concrete and steel, the constant noise of traffic, and voices, the smell of by products of human lives, how on earth can they feel and enjoy the natural world and all the beauty in it? How can they stay in touch with the natural forces that guide and control our very own earth? How can they have an appreciation of what is real? It?s no wonder there is so much crime and violence in the cities. I can feel it all around me now. A static charge in the very air I breath. Still yet difficult to see, unless you watch for the subtle signs. A flock of geese high overhead. A songbird. It?s almost as though mother earth is taking a huge deep breath, gathering her energy for that explosion that is soon to come as she shakes off the dead cold chill of winter and allows spring to be born. What a dramatic and drastic change the earth will make in the coming days. You can practically smell it in the air, that charge of new life and hope and the rebirth of all living things. Soon the grass will start to grow, the buds will swell on the trees and the cold will turn loose of the earth and allow the world to be born again. More of our feathered friends will soon be returning from their warmer southern winter home. We will soon see the birth of calves and colts and kids once mother nature has fully allowed spring to put forth life giving plants for the winter hungry mothers to replenish their bodies from. Its a sad thing people in cities are so disconnected from such a miraculous process. So, if you are stuck in the city, take some time to reconnect. Get out of town! Even if it is for a few hours. Get away from the noise and the traffic and pay a visit to mother earth. Find a park or wilderness area where you can be alone with your thoughts and yourself. Leave your cell phone and lap top at home. Let the purity of the coming season clear away your troubles and the problems you have to face in your every day life. Give the rebirth a chance to work for you too! Shake off your trouble and tribulations just like the earth shakes the grip of the winter cold. You could just gain a whole new perspective on life. Find a little peace and enjoyment of the wonders that you have around you.

yupp , i'm sorry for them too, actually i live in a city but we are in the border of city because two house after ours you will see a big mountain and so the city ends, but i should admit living in such a place is a little dangerous too. we are in city but as we have a mountain on the west side so when the night comes, some wolves come around in the streets but they didn't harm any one till now but some nights hearing them is just scary enough :D. the main reason why people are prefering to live in a jungle of concrete rather than living in a jungle full of trees is the need of having access to what they want as soon as possible, we need many things in these days to be able to continue our life, one of them is Banks, you can not live without them, every thing you want to do in your real life you need banks and i know that you can do many of your works through internet but you can not do all of them, and also you can not find many banks in a country side so you need to go to cities for doing your jobs, so we can live like this as many peoples are doing, we live in a natural place and so for doing our paper works we can go to cities.Now why people don't like that, because living in a city is just EASIER, farming is a real hard work to do and everyone knows that but you can make money for just going to your office sitting in your chair and write some letters and sign them then again rest till the lunch time comes and go for lunch then come back again and make a phone call again rest till your work time ends and then go home. after going home if you feel sick you can go to a hospital which is less than 1km away and if you want to go cinema then again you can go there just within 15 minutes. this is why peoples like to live in cities because they can access to every thing they want ASAP and also do not need to get tired for getting their daily works but what disadvantages this life can have ? First of all you can see, cancer is something that is more popular in cities and i can say those who live in countryside doesn't get cancer as much as peoples who live in city get. this is same for other problems too, those who live in countryside are less criminal and having less mental problems as well as physical problems, and this is because of their way of living. most peoples know that but no one wants to leave the city because it is easier to live in it (or at least we think it is easier :D), actually maybe in total it is easier but not safer because most of crimes goes on in cities and so living in city is not very safe.Humans do many things without thinking about it, we destroy jungles and make cities instead of them then we find out that living in nature is good so we try to bring a little of those jungles back by making parks or getting some animals and plants in our house and then we find out there is not enough place for making houses so we again destroy a little of jungles from around of our cities and build there more houses and so this thing goes on. i think this thing will go on until it is too late and we will destroy all of our world but anyway i think this is impossible to prevent this thing to happen, so till we have some jungles out there go out and see them before we lost them.

I really feel sorry for people who have to live in the city. (Although I admit it, there are times when I would like to strangle them) Surrounded by the jungle of concrete and steel, the constant noise of traffic, and voices, the smell of by products of human lives, how on earth can they feel and enjoy the natural world and all the beauty in it? How can they stay in touch with the natural forces that guide and control our very own earth? How can they have an appreciation of what is real? Its no wonder there is so much crime and violence in the cities.
I can feel it all around me now. A static charge in the very air I breath. Still yet difficult to see, unless you watch for the subtle signs. A flock of geese high overhead. A songbird. Its almost as though mother earth is taking a huge deep breath, gathering her energy for that explosion that is soon to come as she shakes off the dead cold chill of winter and allows spring to be born. What a dramatic and drastic change the earth will make in the coming days. You can practically smell it in the air, that charge of new life and hope and the rebirth of all living things. Soon the grass will start to grow, the buds will swell on the trees and the cold will turn loose of the earth and allow the world to be born again. More of our feathered friends will soon be returning from their warmer southern winter home. We will soon see the birth of calves and colts and kids once mother nature has fully allowed spring to put forth life giving plants for the winter hungry mothers to replenish their bodies from. Its a sad thing people in cities are so disconnected from such a miraculous process.

So, if you are stuck in the city, take some time to reconnect. Get out of town! Even if it is for a few hours. Get away from the noise and the traffic and pay a visit to mother earth. Find a park or wilderness area where you can be alone with your thoughts and yourself. Leave your cell phone and lap top at home. Let the purity of the coming season clear away your troubles and the problems you have to face in your every day life. Give the rebirth a chance to work for you too! Shake off your trouble and tribulations just like the earth shakes the grip of the winter cold. You could just gain a whole new perspective on life. Find a little peace and enjoyment of the wonders that you have around you.

Spring?!?! Spring is great, but it sure isn't spring here yet. We just got another load of snow. and it's snowing as I speak. I can't walk anywhere without snowshoes, and my dog goes out of sight if I try to walk him anywhere. Even the snowmobiles are finding it hard to go through the deep snow. I love snow and winter, but I wouldn't mind seeing those subtle signs of spring right now. I wouldn't mind the not-so-subtle either, Ahhh, there's nothing like the smell of cow manure in the springtime. Brings back memories of being a kid and hearing the harmony of "Ewwwwwwwwww's on the school bus as we drove by the many farms.

Spring is a great time of year though. I always feel a renewed interest in life when spring arrives. It's like being reborn. So much life sprouting up from nature, the landscape changes to green, the days fill with sounds of wildlife. It's hard not to feel rejuvenated. Come on, spring. Hurry up!

Wow, sorry to hear about your snow. I'm almost afraid to ask how big your dog is! :blink: I will admit you have to look really hard right now to see it. But my jonquills are starting to peek out, and my naked lady lillies are allready a couple inches tall. I'm like you though, HURRY UP SPRING!!!