xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
user681

I've Determined That Jobs And Oppurtunities Are Based On How Much You Can *BLEEP* Rather Than Skillset.. flawed industry

Does anyone else find it ridiculous that people seems to pick people based on how much they could *BLEEP*?I'm a student and recently we got a project where we have to pick various team members for our team. Now I'm not a team leader so I don't really get to decide who could join our team or not..That is for the project manager to decide. Anyway, my project manager decided to bring in this guy person A who's super good at making up *BLEEP* (I've worked with him before) and he totally rejected my suggestion to bring in this other guy. We'll call him person B.. who is extremely talented at coding which is exactly what we need. The only thing is that person B is the quiet kinda guy and doesn't talk very much. I don't know about the rest of you but I really think that its *BLEEP* how person A got the position instead of position B.All person A does is praise himself about how he could do this and that but the fact is his knowledge in terms of coding and design-wise is very limited compared to person B..

Well even though you may think that person B deserved more the position than person A, who you think knows more about the topic, to be able to express yourself openly even though you don't know that much about what are your talking about, sometimes is useful, because I believe sometimes this kind of people have the ability to make believe others what they want and convince them of what they want, and this is a talent that sometimes is hard to accept (It's hard for me as well), but is really useful. The other guy must be smarter but if he is shy and his let's say conversation skills are not as good as the other guy then when the presentation comes this guy is not going to be as useful as the other guy, so if the other guys in the group are smart then this A guy was a good addition.

I think i got what you wanna say :D , i think it is better to say those who talk to much with a high level of self confidence are more successful in their lives, this is a fact if you have the knowledge but you don't have the courage to talk about it then you gonna loose in all battles, self confidence is very important (now that i'm talking about this i think the proper section was life talk not the vent for this topic), a person who can not show other peoples what he knows and what he is capable of then he will not get any job at all. yes i know there are many peoples without any knowledge but with advantage of having high level of self confidence they can get any job they want, this is a fact and you can see it every where you go. having the knowledge of all the world is not enough , if you are a social person then you have to be able to talk about what you can do, you have to say what you have done till now and what you are capable of, so not being able to say such things can cause failing in all opportunities.I don't know what you exactly mean by *Bleep* but i think you mean "talking without any knowledge behind it" only for using those opportunities, i think this is a good ability too, you don't have the knowledge but you can get the job by only using your power in "public relation", this is a science and many peoples are using it for getting their pockets bigger (not empty and bigger but full and bigger :D). anyway if you feel sorry for the person B just suggest him to increase his self confidence and learn how to use nice talking as a tool for be more successful. sometimes i think some peoples like me which go to university and try to learn something are just like some dolls for those who are able to get both sponsers and employers together for making a company, we will be working for them and they only used their "Public Relation" and "Talking Techniques" , this is why i think having the knowledge itself is not enough you should be able to convince other peoples with abilities you have and things you can do.In the end i should say if you are a team and other members of team thinking like you too, then just try to get him down from his position, it is not impossible just needs some conversation techniques and nothing more, those who think are really brilliant are always in mistake, you can use their own techniques to defeat them.

Well even though you may think that person B deserved more the position than person A, who you think knows more about the topic, to be able to express yourself openly even though you don't know that much about what are your talking about, sometimes is useful, because I believe sometimes this kind of people have the ability to make believe others what they want and convince them of what they want, and this is a talent that sometimes is hard to accept (It's hard for me as well), but is really useful. The other guy must be smarter but if he is shy and his let's say conversation skills are not as good as the other guy then when the presentation comes this guy is not going to be as useful as the other guy, so if the other guys in the group are smart then this A guy was a good addition.

Yes I 100% agree with that comment!

If the guy B can put his ideas across to guy A, who is the BLEEP yea? Then guy A can actually put across what guy B said, as long as someone like you puts it in thier evaluation of this is some kind of test work?

I would put it in my evaluation (you are doing evaluations I hope on your work? If so complain to the people making up the project that they should make you evaluate the group, what I did at University, where you basically project your thoughts of how prople behaved during the project).

If enough of you praise guy B for his input and guy A for maybe delivering it (he sounds the great candidate for doing business development work to be honest, or at least a project managers job to be honest), then it's perfectly fine.

You just need to know how to work with those 2 people and bring guy B up get his confidence up!

YOU COULD ACE THIS ONE REALLY!

Maybe this project is about more than you think it is. Maybe it's a life lesson, aimed hopefully at the team leader. If he choises an "employee" or in this case, a helper on your project, that is full of hot air and has no knowledge to contribute to the project, and the project fails because of the project managers bad choises, he should be learning that it is not wise to judge or pick people just because they are popular or full of themselves, and that a person should be picked for their actual abilities and qualifications, not how popular they are. If you were doing these as a competition between several teams in your class, the project manager that picked the quiet, smart guy might beat the sox off the other teams, and show a good example of how you need the right people to do the right job.