xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AbstracT

I'm Tired Of Nelly

I'm so sick of Nelly! I went to Best Buy to buy two cds of Nas to finish up my collection of his music and they were all gone....Replaced with 50 Nelly cds...I was so pissed. I hate that people think rap music consists of ..Nelly, Chingy, Ja Rule, and all the other pop artists... They are garbage if you want to listen to REAL rap music buy:Nas, Rakim, Big Pun, 2pac, B.I.G.,...List goes on. I'm tired of people mixing pop with rap it's sounds a mess!!!!

nelly is a large sellout... at the like 'height of his career' he made that like air force one musicvideo/commerical. i dont like nelly or ja rule but i dont hate mainstream rappers as a rule which some people do. just w/e sounds good is fine to me

nelly is a large sellout... at the like 'height of his career' he made  that like air force one musicvideo/commerical. i dont like nelly or ja rule but i dont hate mainstream rappers as a rule which some people do. just w/e sounds good is fine to me

52181[/snapback]

This is a questionnaire. Im a student at New York University and I am writing a term paper on the aesthetic and social relevance of Eminem as an artist, cultural product and cultural producer. So basically I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT YOU AS A FAN AND WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT EMINEM AS AN ARTIST. If you dont want to answer all of the questions, you can pick and chooseIll take what I can get. Feel free to add information or to elaborate on questions if you want. If you only feel like answering certain questions partially, I can deal with that.

Obviously, if you post your answers on this board, they wont be confidential. But if you email them to me instead, all of your information will be kept completely confidential. Any quotes I use it my paper will be totally anonymous. Thanks for your help.

QUESTIONS ABOUT YOU:

1) How old are you?

2) Are you a male/female/other?

3) Do you consider yourself a specific ethnicity? If so, which?

4) Do you consider yourself religious? If so, what religion do you consider yourself to be?

5) Where are you from originally? Are you still there? If not, how long were you there?

6) Where do you live currently? How long have you been there?

7) Can you describe your upbringing (in detail or in brief)? You can discuss things like family life, siblings (do you have any?), race, class, social lifewhatever.

8) Do you have any close friends? How many? Describe your social situation.

9) Are your friends of your same ethnicity?

10) Are your friends of your same economic class?

11) Do you care if your friends are similar to you in these ways?

12) Are you happy, content, neutral, a little depressed, depressed, miserable, apathetic? A combination of the above? What combination? None of the above? Basically, can you describe your general state of mind?

13) Is there anything or any combination of things that really pisses you off about the world? If so, what?

14) Describe a single person or a group of people you really dislike and explain why you dislike him/her/them.

15) Name some movies you like, if any.

16) Name some TV shows you watch, if any.

17) Are there any artists/bands you think are really bad? If so, which and why?

18) Do any of your friends listen to the music you think is so bad?

19) Do you care?

20) Do you make assumptions about people based on the kind of music they listen to? In what way?

QUESTIONS ABOUT YOU AND EMINEM:

21) How and when did you first hear Eminem?

22) Did you like him immediately? If not, why not, and when did you start to like him?

23) Do you listen to him censored or uncensored?

24) If you dont listen to him censored, do you think hes still worth listening to when censored?

25) Do your friends listen to Eminem?

26) What are some other artists/bands you listen to?

27) Is the music your friends listen to similar to the music you listen to?

THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTIONS ABOUT YOU AND EMINEM:

28) What is it you like about Eminem? Meaning of lyrics? Lyrical style? Beats? All of the above? Something else?

29) What is it about his lyrics that you like, if you like his lyrics?

30) Name your favorite (or one or more of your favorite) tracks. Why do you like it so much?

31) Explain what you think (from what you know about him through his music and any interviews youve seen or read) is Eminems perspective on life/the world, if you can.

Do you agree with his perspective?

32) What are some of the things you know piss people off about Eminem?

33) Is there something you think a lot of people misunderstand about Eminem? What is it?

34) Is there anything about Eminem that you dont like? If so, what and why?

35) Do you think Eminem is primarily a serious artist or a comic artist? A balance of both? What, if anything, do you think Eminem really takes seriously?

RANDOM QUESTIONS:

36) Do you think Eminem has any political opinions? If so, what are they?

37) Do you care about these opinions? If so, do you agree or disagree? Explain.

QUESTION I FORGOT TO PUT IN THE QUESTIONS ABOUT YOU SECTION AND DIDNT FEEL LIKE INCLUDING IN THAT SECTION WHEN I REMEMBERED, BECAUSE THAT WOULD HAVE REQUIRED ME TO RE-NUMBER ALL THE QUESTIONSWHICH WOULD HAVE SUCKED:

38) Are you employed (illegally or legally)? If so, what do you do?

Lets not get on the topic of eminem...I like a Couple of his raps but honestly they all sound the same to me...I hate my momma, *BLEEP* people, and i hate my g/f. I don't want to sound racist but I must say..since he's a white rapper people have been gassing him up like he's the great tupac, biggie, or nas. And I must say NO! There has been plenty of people b4 him that could rip him lyrically and tons of people after him that could tear him apart.. He's o-k as an artist but not the greatest..How can you be great when you think 50 cent is great..Hell to the n-o. Nas is great, tupac n b.i.g. is great. pun is great, rakim is great....Eminem is O-k like lil jon says.-1-

To tell the truth I don't really mind Nelly as he hasn't really got on my nerves but I have to say that he isn't one of my favourite rappers.I prefer Eminem (D12), 50 Cent and Dr. Dre a lot more but I have to say but my overall favourite rappist just has to be Eminem. In my opinion he is head and soldiers above all the other rappers with his decent raps and his decent singing voic too.

I'm tired of rap period im tired of the image they portray the money hungry decadent attitudes discust me and the way they degrade women almost as if they promote prostitution i for one try to raise my child with good values and with respect to women and to there fellow man the values that they display and promote are detrimental to the development of this society

^You must understand that hip-hop is not just a style or fad it's the way of life for these people. I for one can relate to them because I use to grow up around people who sold drugs and were in gangs. If you werent around these things you can't relate to what they're saying. I do agree that commerical rap degrades women a lot. But other artists like Immortal Technique, public enemy, Nas, and canibus uses their words as a weapon for people to use in society.

1) How old are you? 172) Are you a male/female/other? male3) Do you consider yourself a specific ethnicity? If so, which? asian - more specific = vietnamese4) Do you consider yourself religious? If so, what religion do you consider yourself to be? roman catholic5) Where are you from originally? Are you still there? If not, how long were you there? vietname; not; about 6 years6) Where do you live currently? How long have you been there? US; 11 years7) Can you describe your upbringing (in detail or in brief)? You can discuss things like family life, siblings (do you have any?), race, class, social life?whatever. my family is small; i have 1 sister; i consider myself to be in the middle class; i sort of have a strict upbringing8) Do you have any close friends? How many? Describe your social situation. nope9) Are your friends of your same ethnicity? yes10) Are your friends of your same economic class? yes11) Do you care if your friends are similar to you in these ways? nope12) Are you happy, content, neutral, a little depressed, depressed, miserable, apathetic? A combination of the above? What combination? None of the above? Basically, can you describe your general state of mind? i'm sort of depressed - girl stuff, you know how they be13) Is there anything or any combination of things that really pisses you off about the world? If so, what? ignorant people14) Describe a single person or a group of people you really dislike and explain why you dislike him/her/them. ignorant people because they tend to jump to conclusions - they make irrational judgments about you15) Name some movies you like, if any. any comedy is cool with me16) Name some TV shows you watch, if any. friends, the simpsons, whose line is it anyway?17) Are there any artists/bands you think are really bad? If so, which and why? - 18) Do any of your friends listen to the music you think is so bad? yes19) Do you care? nope20) Do you make assumptions about people based on the kind of music they listen to? In what way? yeah, like if people listen to gothic music, i think they're depressed - dumb, i knowQUESTIONS ABOUT YOU AND EMINEM:21) How and when did you first hear Eminem? i don't remember the exact age, but it was when he released The Real Slim Shady22) Did you like him immediately? If not, why not, and when did you start to like him? liked him right away23) Do you listen to him censored or uncensored? uncensored, dude24) If you don?t listen to him censored, do you think he?s still worth listening to when censored? yeah25) Do your friends listen to Eminem? some of them26) What are some other artists/bands you listen to? ludacris, lil jon, ll cool j, dmx, nas27) Is the music your friends listen to similar to the music you listen to? they like rock, and i like rapTHE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTIONS ABOUT YOU AND EMINEM:28) What is it you like about Eminem? Meaning of lyrics? Lyrical style? Beats? All of the above? Something else? the way i can make out what he's saying; his beats; lyrics 29) What is it about his lyrics that you like, if you like his lyrics? some of them talk about stuff that i'm interested in30) Name your favorite (or one or more of your favorite) tracks. Why do you like it so much? Mosh, White American, Square Dance, The Real Slim Shady, Till I Collapse, Puke; the first three - he talks about politics; Slim Shady - cool beats; Till I Collapse - sort of tells you not to give up; last one - helps me get over girls who broke my heart :blink: 31) Explain what you think (from what you know about him through his music and any interviews you?ve seen or read) is Eminem?s perspective on life/the world, if you can. i think he just wants people to know his current state of mindDo you agree with his perspective? yes32) What are some of the things you know piss people off about Eminem? the way he sounds like an 8 year old; "he's a misogynist"; controversial lyrics33) Is there something you think a lot of people misunderstand about Eminem? What is it? yes; they've only listened to the songs that made it to MTV and the radio, and not his better songs34) Is there anything about Eminem that you don?t like? If so, what and why? he doesn't like it when people call him (Paris Hilton address book leak)35) Do you think Eminem is primarily a serious artist or a comic artist? A balance of both? What, if anything, do you think Eminem really takes seriously? balance of both; his messageRANDOM QUESTIONS:36) Do you think Eminem has any political opinions? If so, what are they? yes, i think he supports democrats37) Do you care about these opinions? If so, do you agree or disagree? Explain. sort of because i'm a democrat myselfQUESTION I FORGOT TO PUT IN THE ?QUESTIONS ABOUT YOU? SECTION AND DIDN?T FEEL LIKE INCLUDING IN THAT SECTION WHEN I REMEMBERED, BECAUSE THAT WOULD HAVE REQUIRED ME TO RE-NUMBER ALL THE QUESTIONS?WHICH WOULD HAVE SUCKED:38) Are you employed (illegally or legally)? If so, what do you do? not employed :angry:

It seems like Eminem invented hip-hop... I don?t understand that obsession, their songs are always the same... he must progress a little.Anyway, I don?t like that kind of mainstream rappers that we were talking about. Sometimes you can?t say which are mainstream and which not but in general I don?t like "rappers" who obviously say that they make hip-hop and when you heard their music it appears to be *BLEEP* r?n?b of the worst kind.

^true. I hate ja rule music.. he sings on every damn song. That's not rap and it's not hip-hop. It's r&b. lol now eminem trying to sing on the song mockingbird wtf. rappers need to stick to what they do well 'rap'.

I have to give props to Nas, the late Notorious B.I.G, Tupac and Kanye and a few others that don't just make #1 hits. They didnt just make great music but the words behind the music are worth reading. A lot of the music from late 90's to present is such recycled garbage.